Followers

Monday, May 16, 2016

Audrey's Birthday Party

Nancy did a great job decorating for Audrey's Birthday party on Saturday. Everything looked so cute.

Including the birthday girl in her pink tutu dress.

The happy family!

With the grandparents...
And the Chatsworth guests....Great Grandma Margie is holding Audrey.

Quick change to her Korean outfit for a special game.

All the guests filled out this card. You had to choose if Audrey would pick, a microphone, a book, money, stethoscope, mouse or golf balls.  Microphone means she will be an entertainer, book means scholar, money means business person, stethoscope means doctor, mouse means techie and balls means athlete.

We also got to write down a message for Audrey that she will receive at her 16th birthday.

Here she is crawling straight for the Hello Kitty golf balls!! So she will be an athlete when she grows up! I thought it was a cute game and would be fun for any one year old birthday party.

She had a beautiful cake, topped with sparklers! And the rice cakes are in front of the birthday cake. You must eat some of those so Audrey will have good luck!  I have to say that I let Grandpa eat those for Audrey. I am not much of an Asian food lover.:)

We had such a fun time celebrating with Audrey and  on the way home on Sunday we stopped at the Apple store in Huntsville to pick up my birthday gift from Marvin. A new Mac Air Book. What a difference a new computer makes!! It is like I have  a new toy. This along with my new Mary Engelbreit Adult coloring book will keep me busy!!

13 comments:

Blogger Jedidja said...

Happy Birthday. I loved the photos! May God bless you and your family!

Sandy said...

She is so adorable. I am not just saying that either. She is just precious. You will love your MAC. I know they are pricey, but I LOVE mine. You will never want to go back. Thankfully they last a long time. Your coloring books sounds good too. I loved her pictures and cards.

Tina said...

Audrey is so cute and that looks like such a fun birthday party! Wow, a Macbook Air AND a Mary Engelbreit coloring book? You are one lucky lady! Have a wonderful day!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks friends. We think she is a cutie too. And I have to say that she has a wonderful disposition as well. Sandy, I had my old mac for 8 years so I guess that was a good run. This one has some differences that will take me a while to get used to but I am like a little child with a toy!! Tina, my husband is a keeper. This was my Mothers Day and Birthday gift. I graciously gave him the old one.lol

Cranberry Morning said...

What beautiful family photos! And that little Audrey is a dolly, for sure. :-)

Terri D said...

Congratulations on the new Mac Air Book!! Happy birthday!! Little Audrey looked so adorable in both of her outfits and I loved seeing everyone in the photos! Looks like a very fun party with great decorations!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY. Have a wonderful year of blessings.
Marion and Family

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You got some very sweet photos! What a happy time for the whole family! Happy Birthday Princess! Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks sweet friends...so glad yall can celebrate with us via the blogworld.

Chris K in Wisconsin said...

What a sweetie pie!! When I turned 1 (back in the early 1950's) my family did a similar game for everyone's first BD. I was brought up as a Polish Catholic. There were 3 things on the coffee table: a Rosary, a shot glass, and a book. Thankfully, times have changed, and there are more than those 3 limiting and rather bleak options for a little one!!!!
I got my MacBook Air a year ago this weekend and I absolutely LOVE it!! So easy to use. Have fun.... and with the coloring book. I love my coloring, also!!

Barbara said...

I love the banner with the one through twelve month pictures. So cute. So was the cake. Really nice. I have never heard of the what Audrey grabs game but that it was so clever. Sounds like a wonderful time and so so special.

Mari said...

That little Audrey is just so sweet! I love that game she played, and I think the idea of writing her notes is so good too!
Hooray for a new computer for you. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Kris, that is hilarious....I will tell them to add a shot glass if they have another baby.lol..Barbara, parties are so fancy compared to the ones I had as a child. Mari, I hope I am at her 16th bd to see her read her notes.