Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Going to the Chapel

Saturday was the perfect day to celebrate Katie's upcoming wedding.   I have known Katie since she was a preschooler. She is the daughter of our Sunday School teacher and the ladies of our class were so excited to honor the bride before her June wedding. My friend, Deborah, opened her lovely country home for our party. Guests were welcomed with this blackboard on the front porch.

We put a banner up over the fireplace to note the gift area. The heart says, Soon to Be Mrs G.

 Our table in the dining room...

Petit fours and some pretty flowers from Deborah's rose garden.

Sharon's vegetable tray! Isn't it just perfection?
Sharon's fruit skewers and dipping sauce.

We used the wedding invitation as decoration. We found the lace burlap at Walmart and used it on the table and on the mason jars.

A simple but beautiful centerpiece. I found the wooden G's in the gift wrap department at Target.

Blushing Bride punch was served along with Sunny Future( water with lemons). Coffee was also on the menu!

Katie, on the right is the blushing bride. She is pictured with her mom, Robin, and her sister, Allie.

Some of Katie's small group friends from church.
Some of our Sunday School ladies...

Deborah and me with Allie. She was in our small group for young women several years ago and we love her bunches. It is hard to believe she just finished her first year in college.

Deborah and Amy...

Our other hostess, Sharon, with Shelley, another guest.  Everything was so pretty and we all had such a good time together. I am thankful for Sharon and Deborah and their willingness to help me with the shower.  Katie is a lovely young lady who will start work here in Decatur in July while her fiancee, Jeremy, will be one of the youth ministers at our church! It was fun to hear her telling us about their new home and the choices she had made for colors etc.  I can still remember how exciting it was to set up our first apartment 40 years ago!

I am posting my blog now as I have an 8 am dental appointment in Huntsville. Being the royal person I am, I will be getting a crown.  Fortunately I have a massage scheduled for the afternoon so I can look forward to that while reclining in the nerve wracking dental chair!!  Have a blessed day Blog Friends.

13 comments:

Mari said...

Ha! You are so witty, but you do deserve a crown. :)
It looks like such a nice shower. I love seeing how people decorate for things like that!

Mildred said...

She is a lovely bride to be! Everything looks beautiful. Best wishes tomorrow

Arlene Grimm said...

It was a fun afternoon. It is nice to celebrate a happy time.

Sandy said...

Everything was lovely. Loved those roses!!! I always have to take an Aleve before I go to the dentist period. Just not my favorite place.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

It looks like it was an amazing day. I love that vegetable tray :)

doodles n daydreams said...

Everything looks so lovely, including the bride to be.

Diana

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, I will be popping some ibuprofen before I head out this am. Optimistic, thanks for dropping by this morning. I always enjoy receiving comments!! Diana, Katie is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside!!

Betsy Brock said...

What a fun shower! Everything looks really nice!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a beautiful party for a beautiful young lady!

Cranberry Morning said...

Oh yes, joining ranks of the royal! Hope it went well and that you're enjoying the massage as I write. Looks like such a sweet and fun and delicious shower! I can tell y'all live in a warmer climate than we do, for the much lighter clothes. It's warm here today, supposed to reach 80 degrees. :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

Betsy and Leslie Anne, there are some really nice young ladies left in this world and it is always good to be reminded!! Judy, everything went well...I have a lovely young dentist who tried to tell me that a visit with him was like getting a massage. I told him he needed to re think that one.lol

Gina said...

A crown! Too cute!

The bridal shower looks absolutely adorable. Even the food - love the floral veggies and always love fruit skewers!

Everyone looks so happy. The best to Katie and her betrothed!

I am finally feeling better and eager to write again. My new homemaking blog:

http://www.thegentleartofhomemaking.com

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Gina!! You may now call me Queen Arlene as I have a mouth full of crowns.lol So glad you are back to blogging. I missed you.