Followers

Friday, May 20, 2016

Graduation

Yesterday I took some time to purchase teacher gifts for the grands and a special graduation gift.  We are fortunate to have a great gift shop downtown that always has just what I need for special occasions and they deliver graduation gifts to the young person's home. How is that for service?

Sixteen years ago I was working as an assistant at Central Weekday School. Sara was a super sweet little girl in my class and I really liked her mom, Susan.  One of the other assistants told me that this family was looking for someone to take care of Sara's baby brother so Susan could have a day off. Well that was just up my alley as I could use an extra part time job and I loved this family.  I started Nannying for Drew when he was six months old. And I was with the family until he started school. After that, I would babysit for Sara and Drew as needed.  My youngest son, Charles, often called Drew, Precious, because he knew how much I loved that boy! I think he might have been a bit jealous.:)  Well that young man is all grown up, graduating from high school and will head off for Auburn University this fall.

What a joy it was to be a part of his life and I wish only the best for Drew and for his sister, Sara, as she just graduated from Auburn.  But it is another reminder that time flies by and we need to take advantage of each day!

As for the teacher gifts. I found some cute waterproof bags that can be used for many things but they are designed to hold phones and electronics at the pool or at the beach. I always try to get the teachers something that I would want myself!  And so another school year draws to a close. Nana will have to get busy planning some GRAND activities for the summer!

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww how sweet Arlene that you bought the teachers gifts. I can't believe that school is almost over! I can't wait for summer.
Enjoy the weekend.
Julie

Mildred said...

All the best to the grad!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a great looking young man! Congratulations to him! And a store that delivers gifts? Oooo! Love it!

Mari said...

Time sure does fly by! It's great that you were in this young mans life for so long. A blessing for you and them!

Arlene Grimm said...

I try to help out my kids by offering this Nana Service. And of course I go to the store that gift wraps!! Leslie Anne, delivery is definitely a small town advantage!

Barbara said...

I think that there should be a Nana organization just like Big Brothers. Children need the type of attention on a Grandmother can give.

Terri D said...

What thoughtful gifts!!