Followers

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

So thankful for a legacy of wonderful mothers...

My great great grandmother Dialtha Swanson Hickey.

Another great great grandmother, Jane Orr Tankersley.


My great grandmother, Hattie Rebecca Morris Swanson. And when she died at an early age, my Papa Swanson married this lovely lady who we all knew as Mama Swanson...Mary Belle Wilbanks Swanson.

Love ties are more important than blood ties!!

My great grandmother, Minnie England Tankersley. She was an orphan and went on to mother a passle of boys and one girl. Her oldest son, Cliff Tankersley was my Granddaddy.

My grandmother, Naomi Swanson Tankersley with her oldest son, my Uncle Robert.

And now for my mother's side of the family. I do not have many pictures of these ladies.

My great grandmother, Lillie Mae Bearden Parrish. She was crippled with Rheumatoid Arthritis but still had a large family, including my grandmother, Lena Parrish Henderson.

And here is my Grandmother Henderson, me and my mother, Marjorie Henderson Tankersley. I love this picture.

And now for a really old picture...my Great Great Great Grandmother, Mary Pitts Tankersley.

She was born in the early 1800s and this picture was made at the end of her life.

I am proud to say I come from a line of Strong and Godly women!! It is a heritage I do not take for granted.

Happy Mother's Day to all my Blog Friends! And in this greeting I salute all the aunts too. My sister, Kristi, does not have any children but she loves all her nieces, nephews and great nieces and nephews to the moon and back!!

9 comments:

Mrs.T said...

What lovely and meaningful family photos, Arlene! Happy Mother's Day to you!

I had intended to get a Mother's Day card to via the mail, but it just did not happen. So this is my heartfelt wish that you will have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww I enjoyed looking at all of those old photos of family!!
Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day Arlene!
Hugs, Julie xo

Karen said...

What a rich heritage. It's wonderful that you have these photographs. We have very few photos because of a fire back in the 1950's. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Anonymous said...

The pictures of your family are beautiful. You are fortunate to have all the pictures. I only have a few pictures of my maternal grandmother and only one of my paternal grandmother (she died at an early age after having many children). Since my father was orphaned at the age of 7 and a half (his father died a month later) there is only the one picture.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Marion and Family

Terri D said...

Wonderful photos to have and cherish! Happy Mother's Day to you!!

Mari said...

I love those old photos! You are blessed with that heritage!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends....When i look at these pictures and think of all the sacrifices these ladies made I am humbled and overwhelmed. And I am glad that I can share this history with my grandchildren so they will know they have quite the legacy.

Linda said...

You come from a line of strong and amazing women!!! How blessed to have these photos! Thank you for sharing them!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, I hope I am half the woman that these ladies were!!