Followers

Friday, May 27, 2016

Holiday Weekend

Well today is the big day for my niece, Laura. She will graduate from high school and in all her school days she had nothing but As. That is pretty amazing! And she took AP classes too so she did not go the easy route.  I was the salutatorian of my class, along with my friend, Paulette. We had been friends since we were babies at church!  But I have to admit to one or two Bs in my school days. Since it was graduation time in my home town, someone posted on Facebook asking us to share our senior photos....so I did.

It is hanging on the back stairs at my home, along iwth Marvin's so pardon the shadows!! 1973 was a very good year for me as I ended high school and started nursing school.

And it will be a big weekend here in NoAla as Decatur hosts its annual Balloon Fest.  It is always amazing to me to look up in the air and see those beautiful balloons floating by. I will put my balloon door hanger out for Memorial Day.

Yesterday I was in Hartselle, Alabama and the town had goine all out for Memorial Day.

I love seeing out flag waving proudly! It always brings a tear to my eye!

And as we celebrate with hotdogs and hamburgers this weekend, let's remember that we can celebrate this weekend in Freedom because some gave ALL. That also brings a tear to my eye. I am so thankful for the sacrifice of others for me.

I am going to take a blog break until Tuedsay to enjoy the long weekend with family and friends. See you then.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Your graduation picture is great. It is always fun to see us in our younger days before the silver hair. I love hot air balloons so I know that will be fun.
I loved that photo of the flags. There is something so special about seeing our flag flying. I think half of our nation gets it. Living in a military town, I see that those younger kids get it, but if you watch TV you aren't so sure anymore.
Have a great weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing the flags flying too and took a photo of a row of them yesterday. Have a wonderful holiday weekend! Hugs, Diane

Terri D said...

Enjoy your long weekend with family and congrats to the graduate!

Mari said...

I love your HS photo! I was 5 years behind you, and followed the same path. :)
Enjoy your weekend. I am working, but do have Monday off.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Congratulations to the graduate! I know it is a fun time for all of you. And oh . . . how I love Hartselle. Little by little, all of my relatives there are gone. Only a few of my mother's cousins remain, but I spent many, many happy days there with my Grandparents. Happy Memorial Day to you!

Linda said...

Enjoy your weekend!! We will be celebrating the quads fourth birthday tomorrow even though the REAL birthday is May 31st!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for your sweet comments dear friends.