Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

My Cross Wall

I thought I would share an updated photo of my Cross Wall in my kitchen hall way. I have added three crosses to the wall in the last week or so.

Each cross is special to me as I remember the person who gave it to me. And a few I have purchased over the years too.

Ben and Katy gave me this one for Mother's Day.

My high school friend, Sharon, sent this one to me for my birthday. A nice reminder as we get older that just as Jesus loved us as little ones, He loves us as we face these aging years!

And here is the one from our Ladies Conference.

When I went to my mailbox yesterday I found this..
My blog friend, Gina, made this beautiful birthday card for me. She does such exquisite work!!  I am still working on "learning" my new computer. Another blog friend, Tif at Bright on a Budget, was so sweet to message me on Facebook to tell me how to use some of the features of Iphoto.  Technology is challenging especially the older I get it seems.  Once I get used to using technology in a certain way, I do not want to change! I told my husband I do not like updates as I like my phone, laptop etc as it is.  But as a nurse, I know that learning new things is good for my brain...we all need some challenges in the thinking department as we age. I think I have just about figured everything out with my new laptop and what I do not know I just Google It!!

Today is a cleaning day here at Nanaland! I spent the morning at the dentist yesterday. My young dentist is excellent. He asked what I was doing in the afternoon and I told him I had a massage scheduled. He told me that a visit with him was rather like a massage! I informed him that he was nice but not massage nice! And with what I was paying him, I could get a lot of massages! I have to brag on Tiffany, my massage therapist. I slept so well last night and I think it is because she worked on some areas that were tight and relieved some stress I was not even aware of!  So today, I get busy cleaning and tightening back up those muscles!!

13 comments:

Mildred said...

A lovely display of your crosses. Glad you slept well and don't work too hard today.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I don't mind going to the dentist but it's not as relaxing as a massage...I would think. I've never had a massage though! lol Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred! I have the Man Cave cleaned so i am sitting down for some internet therapy before tackling downstairs. Oh Diane, I HATE going to the dentist. I have a big gag reflex and it is just an ordeal even with a nice dentist. I am thankful for Dr Cook though as we need good dentists.

Sandy said...

I like your cross wall. Richella at Imparting Grace had one on her wall at one time. AND NO the dentist is nowhere near a massage. I hate going to the dentist.

Barbara said...

What a neat collection of crosses. I agree that a good massage can make such a difference. I could use one now and with your sweet little reminder, I think I will be good to myself and see if I can get the pulled muscle worked on.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Sandy...I agree totally with your assessment of dental visits! Barbara go and get a good massage. I do think they are very good for older bones and muscles.

Linda said...

I am looking forward to a massage in the near future! It's amazing how different you feel afterwards!!!
I love your cross wall! Amber has one in her stairwell!

Gina said...

I'm so glad that you like your card! The dentist not so much! I've never had a massage. :-)

The welcome mat is out on my new blog. You are cordially invited! (If you click on my name, it should list it in my profile). {{HUGS}}

Arlene Grimm said...

Looking forward to visiting your new blog Gina.

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda you deserve a good massage after going through foot surgery. Hope you are on the road to recovery!!

Karen said...

That is a lovely collection, and I know each one means a lot to you.

Mari said...

I like your cross collection. How special to have different memories and people associated with different ones.
I have a dentist appt next week. He's nice too, but not as good as a massage!

Terri D said...

I have a collection of crosses spread out in the house, but your wall is a lovely way to display them. That card is beautiful and she does indeed do great work! My dentist is good, but I agree a visit to the dentist is NOT like a massage! LOL