Followers

Monday, May 30, 2016

North Murray Graduation

I thought I would post this evening since the grands will be here bright and early in the morning. And I have missed blogging! Even a day or two away and I miss visiting with all my friends.

When I grew up in Murray County, there was only one high school, Murray County High. As our home town has grown, the need for a second high school became obvious and so one was built in the North end of the county, my stomping grounds.  It is a beautiful campus and the building has every amenity.  Our family headed out for dinner at the Village Cafeteria before the ceremony. Where else can you treat 7 people for under $50 A nice small town perk!! Then we joined everyone else in North Murray for the graduation. To say it was crowded would be an understatement. I am glad we got there early so we found good seats.

We took time to get a few pics before the ceremony.

It is nice to have your Grandma at your graduation.

The proud parents.

The coveted diploma in hand.

One with our cousin Scott who owns Scott Kuhn Photography and makes our great family pictures. He was there capturing some senior moments.

Scott took this one....not sure I was THAT excited about graduating from high school!

Laura plans to go to the local college for two years to get her core curriculum and hopes to transfer to the University of Tennessee to major in an area of agriculture.

While we were in Chatsworth we also met with our contractor and hopefully we will be able to get started on our little house soon. I think both Marvin and I are getting excited about this project. It will be nice to have a quiet getaway.

And now school is out so Nana will be busy with grands and all that entails. I remind myself to cherish the moment. Time is flying by!!

10 comments:

Mari said...

Congratulations! Laura is a beautiful girl and I know you are proud of her. I love that action shot!

Mildred said...

Congrats to beautiful Laura. Nice to "see" Scott as I have admired his photography of your family for a while now.

Heather said...

Congratulations to Laura! That jumping photo is great! I love her excitement.

Sandy said...

Time is flying by..I understand that feeling to cherish it all. I am much more aware of my days in my fifties. I can't wait for you to get your little getaway. It is the simple things now... not really looking for big long trips anymore.

Terri D said...

Laura is so pretty! I think I was that excited, but it was so long ago that it is hard to conjure up any emotion from back then. LOL Great photos by you, too!

Barbara said...

I don't care whose graduation it is, I always get that special feeling. One of the passages in life.

Gina said...

Arlene, Laura looks overjoyed in that jumping picture! Congratulations! Hooooooray that the building will start soon. I am so happy for you!

Whitney Pendell said...

Those are such fun pictures! Love your tassel necklace, BTW! <3

Whitney @ Come Home For Comfort

Gosia k said...

Lovely photos love from EuropÄ™

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Whitney...I saw that necklace at a local store and knew it had my name on it!! I wear it a lot. Gosia K, thanks for dropping by to visit. I love meeting new blog friends.