Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2016

A Sunday Wedding in the South

Well some scattered showers came through this afternoon and cooled down the evening for Katie and Jeremy's wedding!  Held at Creekside in Mooresville, it was a lovely ceremony witnessed by many family and friends.

An old Southern plantation house was the perfect backdrop for the ceremony. And the family had taken into account that it was going to be a hot evening.

As we approached the house we were given these...

Fans!!!

And on the back of each fan  the words to the congregational song we sang before the vows. Before the Throne was the song chosen by the bride and groom.

Sweet Katie...I have known her since she was a little girl!!

Cutting the cake!!

And a picture of me and my honey....

Pardon the frizzy hair....summer in the south!!

It was a fun evening with family and friends...another sweet memory of First Bible Church friendship.

8 comments:

Terri D said...

I love your turquoise beads! Great accent for your lovely dress. The bride is beautiful and the setting very southern indeed! The fan idea is really great! Well done!

Heather said...

What a beautiful setting for a wedding! Congrats to the bride and groom!

Sandy said...

You look great and I understand the hair in the south better than most. Love the fan and the congregation song idea.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I attended a wedding at the same location last year! Such a pretty place . . . but outdoors. Yep.

It looks like the ceremony and reception were beautiful and I love the idea of the fans with the program printed on it.

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, it was such a special evening. I am still mulling over it this morning.

Mari said...

It looks like such a beautiful wedding! You look beautiful too - love your dress and necklace!

Barbara said...

What a nice wedding. Looks so sweet and simple. I love the fans. A perfect gift to hand out. Glad you two were able to let the good times roll again.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari and Barbara, I did not realize how frizzy my hair was until i saw this picture. Humidity and Heat are not my friend but it is a fact of life here in Alabama. :)