Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

An Evening with Harry Connick Jr

Last night we traveled over to Huntsville to hear Harry Connick Jr perform at the Von Braun Concert Hall.  I have always enjoyed Harry's music and he is a good actor as well. I especially enjoyed him in New in Town with Renee Zellweger. And he was in Independence Day! I love Harry and I love Sandra Bullock but I just was not a fan of Hope Floats as it seemed those two together  did not have a lot of chemistry.

I really enjoy light jazz music so I was looking forward to being entertained by one of the best and I was not disappointed.  From beginning to the end, it was a high energy performance that showcased Harry's skill at singing, playing a number of instruments, dancing and telling jokes. If you have the opportunity to see his show, go for it.

Our good friends, Deborah and Don were going to the show to celebrate their 47th anniversary so we wondered if we would see them there. Well they sat right next to us! How amazing was that? So that made the evening more fun.  One of the best songs of the evening was a new song for Harry called No One Does I Do like We Do.  I told Deborah that Harry sang that song for her and Don! It is one that I will be adding to my ITunes.

  Harry also related to the audience that he will be hosting an afternoon show on ABC starting in September. It is a late night type show for those who cannot stay up late anymore.:) That sounds like me.

Another day of VBS and I get to have dinner with my Titus Ladies so it will be a wonderful Wednesday.  I hope you all have the same!

10 comments:

Mildred said...

Sounds like a delightful evening and congrats to your friends on their anniv. Hope today goes well for you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! We love the movie New in Town and watch it over and over. He was SO good in that and we have some of his cds too. He has a beautiful soulful voice. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred. It is nice to celebrate a long and happy marriage. Diane, my daughter gifted me that DVD for Christmas.

Sandy said...

I bet it was a great concert. I really like him. Have fun with VBS.

Gina said...

Arlene, how delightful! He has such a nice voice. Love his Christmas CDs!

Mari said...

He is so talented! I like the idea of his new show.

Terri D said...

I love Harry Connick Jr.!!! What a fun concert and how wonderful that your friends ended up with seats right beside you! Awesome!

Arlene Grimm said...

Y'all it sounds like we are all just wild about Harry!! And Gina, I love his Christmas Cd too!!

Simply Linda said...

Nice to meet you, hopping over from Mildred's blog...I agree on Hope Floats, smiles.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for dropping by Linda!!I love visitors.