Followers

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Beach Treats

We have a beach vacay coming up and I have been baking and filling my freezer with things to take.  I though I would share this recipe that I whipped up yesterday.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 cups chips of your choosing.( I used 1 cup of semi sweet ships and I cup of milk chocolate and peanut butter chips)
2 1/2 c self rising flour
1 c butter  soft
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter, peanut butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and mix to incorporate. Stir in chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 12 minutes. I had to bake mine for about 15 minutes.

I got this recipe from son, Charles and I think he found it on the internet.

Today I will make some plain old chocolate chip cookies which are a favorite of my grands and Amelia and Todd.  Oatmeal is made for Ben and Dad and I am making a pound cake to take for Father's Day. This time it will be my Whipping Cream Pound Cake that I got from Southern Lady Magazine.  We will have it for Father's Day along with strawberries and whipped cream!

On vacation it is our rule that we can eat what we please...no diets no Fit Bits in sight. Just pure Beach Bum fun!

9 comments:

Nonnie said...

I too bake cookies and freeze them. Chocolate chip and peanut butter. I'm going to print your recipe so I can combine the two! Sounds good.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

These cookies look so good Arlene and perfect for the beach or anytime! :)
Thanks for the recipe to make them and I pinned!

Ralph V. said...

lekker! I ask my mom. I think she can bake this cookies too.

Arlene Grimm said...

This is a delicious cookie...even good for breakfast. Ask me how I know???

Heather said...

Those cookies sound great. I might have to try them!

Linda said...

I'm already looking forward to your beach photos! Why I never think of freezing cookies is beyond me!! Next time that's exactly what i'm going to do!!

Terri D said...

I agree with you! There are no calories to count on vacation! Thanks for the recipe! Yum!!

Mari said...

I love the mix of chips in those cookies. I think they work for breakfast - there are carbs, eggs and protein right?

Mildred said...

I am definitely hungry now! On holidays, we eat what we want since John is diabetic - it's nice every once in a while to just enjoy!