Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Freedom

I was able to pick up one of my summer cross stitch projects at the framers yesterday. And with July 4th rapidly approaching it will be displayed on the breakfast bar here in Nanaland.

I was very pleased with how it turned out. Like my friend, Sandy, at I Majored in Home Economics, I am not afraid to change up a pattern and I left the border off this project. I just felt it made it look a little "too Grandma".  Go over to Sandy's blog and check out how she changed a project she was working on that did not suit her sensibilities.  To me a pattern is just a suggestion!!

Here is my summer vignette. I had to take the picture at an angle to prevent glare off the glass. I do not use non glare glass on my pieces because it flattens the look of the stitches.

Another busy day here as we get up at attem early to get Kendall and Landon to Winshape Camp this morning. If you have not heard of this awesome camp sponsored by Chic Fil A, check it out. We have 400 children attending this summer's camp here in Decatur.  I am so glad Kendall and Landon have the opportunity to attend this wonderful day camp this week.  Maybe I can get some pictures this morning at drop off to share with you.  Have a blessed day dear friends.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

I love both pieces. The framing turned out very well. I almost bought that America thing myself. I think I picked up three times before I decided I would not get it, now I second guessing myself. Your vignette is very nice.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really turned out beautiful! And you are so smart! I always loved cross stitch and I'm glad I got a few of my projects framed over the years. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, I love your cross stitching. Your vignette is so nice. I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Jedidja said...

400 children!? Wow! Tell's more about that. O ja, I love your two houses. It's sweet and nice.

Terri D said...

You so such beautiful work, Arlene! I am always impressed with your creativity and projects. Please do tell us more about this camp the kiddos get to participate in this week!!

Karen said...

Wonderful cross stitch! Beautiful display for July. Day camp will be great fun for the kids.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends!!

Barbara said...

I love the July 4th cross stitch. I do think they make such a cute setting.

Mari said...

It turned out so nice! And I love the whole grouping. I didn't know about the camp either - how cool!

Cranberry Morning said...

Your needlework is just beautiful, Arlene! I hope all the Grimms have a wonderful Fourth.