Followers

Friday, June 10, 2016

My Kon Mari Organization Project

Well you all know I read and reviewed The Magic Art of Tidying and here is one of my tidying projects.

I know you are laughing but here goes!! The grands and I all enjoy the adult coloring books. Kendall and Landon have given up the kiddy coloring books now!! I tell you it is addictive.  This is the corner in my guest room where we keep our stash. My organizing focused on our markers.

We had a big tub of markers all piled together willy nilly.  So I thought of organizing them into colors. I first used some large solo cups but they kept falling over. Then I put them in some smaller containers that were hard to transport if we wanted to color upstairs. So while I was walking around TJ Maxx yesterday, I came upon this container.

It was large and it had a handle!  I still have to use the solo cups on one side but it is working very well for me. And I think the kids will be happy when they see it next week.

Now we can see our various shades of  markers and it makes coloring much easier! And you all know more time coloring is a Good Thing!!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, good for you. I think it is wonderful that the grands love them too. I think coloring and the lost art of cursive are two very important things for children to do on occasion. It helps develop that attention span and fine motor skills that this old teacher still believes is important.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, thank you for giving me a rationale for coloring.:) I am working on cursive with them as well. I am so saddened that the art of penmanship is being left behind in our techie world.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a 'neat' way to organize. I haven't gotten into the coloring craze...YET! But I plan to. Would you recommend markers or do you use crayons or colored pencils too? I need to start off write...right! heehee! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane I like markers but my sis also uses gel pins. Crayola even makes fine tipped markers to get into those tiny spaces!! I have to admit that I have e box of 64 Crayolas that are hidden from the grands.lol

Heather said...

What a perfect box for them! I love it!

Terri D said...

I now have a stash of coloring books too, and I don't have grands to share them with! LOL That container is perfect for your needs! Let us know what the kids think when they get to see it!!

Mari said...

I think this is perfect!

Betsy Brock said...

Looks cute and very fun to do!

Linda said...

This is a great idea! I have the same problem with our markers!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, this little bucket of markers makes coloring much more pleasurable. Digging around for a particular color is frustrating!!