Followers

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Storing Your Needlework.

I do lots of needlework and when I complete a project, it is often a while before I decide if I am going to frame it, make a pillow etc.  But I do not want to let it sit wadded up in the bag where I store my projects. I finally hit on an idea that works for me.

I press my project and hang it up on these "pants" hangers you can find easily at Walmart or Target.  Here you can see my Jolly Jack all finished. I am not sure what I am going to do with him. I might make a pillow cushion out of him!  Being a Cross Stitcher, I have a stash of extra material that I keep on hand as well.

I store it the same way. This piece of material needs to be pressed before I put it away in the closet but you get the idea.

Here is another piece that is awaiting the framer.

I really enjoyed stitching this Prairie Schooler on Black. I have one more pice of black material and I am thinking of stitching some Prairie Schooler Santas on it.

Here is my current project...you can never have too many Prairie Schooler Christmas Samplers. I should know because I have quite a few. And now that we are going to build a little house, some will spend Christmas in Georgia once that abode is completed.

Here is a picture of the front of the pattern. Those Santas are the ones I plan to stitch on my black piece of material.

Crafters are always working in the "off" season. That is why I am stitching Halloween and Christmas projects now so they will be ready to display at the right time. If you follow me on Instagram ( nanaland55) I always hashtag my cross stitch photos with #crazyforcross stitch. And that is very true.


10 comments:

Sandy said...

You are so busy. I am just trying to keep up!!!
I have quite a list of things to stitch, and I have to find a good place to frame the things I am working on past the cottages. I have said it before ---you are so lucky to have a store to buy the patterns and a place to frame.

Linda said...

What a great idea!!!! I am down here in the camper on the ranch but I DID bring my Santa needlework with me!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy it has been so hot lately that stitching under a ceiling fan is about the only good thing to do in the afternoon.:) Linda, I have seen so many people fold their projects and then it is hard for the framer to get the fold lines out of the stitching. My friend who frames things says we would not believe the condition of some of the pieces people bring to her. For that reason,I always make sure mine are pressed and all the threads are clipped. I also leave her enough fabric to pull it straight when she frames it. And Sandy, yes, I am SO thankful for our cross stitch shop. I believe there is one in Huntsville but I do not want to have to drive over there every time I want something. I hope Marlene stays in her business for a long time. And Ann at Slate Framing and Gallery has become a sweet friend.

Heather said...

You have been busy! Cross stitch is one thing that I never learned, so I am very impressed by it!

Terri D said...

You do such lovely work, Arlene! Hanging the pieces like that is such a good idea!

Blogger Jedidja said...

I love the first one! Wow, so nice!

Arlene Grimm said...

Y'all are so sweet!! Thanks for the compliments. Truly it is what helps keep me sane!!:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your cross stitch projects! They are a lot of work but what beautiful works of art. Love your ideas! I can't wait to get back to sewing again! Hugs, Diane

Mari said...

You've done some beautiful work. I really like samplers too.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends...Diane, I look forward to seeing your dolls all dressed up in your creations. And Mai, I have always loved samplers. I guess I have a little bit of the colonial heart in me!