Followers

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Summer Stitching

One thing I like about summer is a little extra stitching time. We had a quiet Memorial Day and I have to say that I completed  a piece I had been working on and it is going to the framer today.  I love a day of uninterrupted stitching. And I watched Pride and Prejudice( the ONLY one in my opinion...the 1996 version starring Colin Firth and Jennifer  Ehle) while I stitched so it was a double win for me.

I did get one piece back from the framer last week and it is sitting on my breakfast bar...

It just says Summer to me. Sunny Days by Prairie Schooler is the pattern. It is designed to be stitched as ornaments but I put them all together in a sampler. I have done that with several PS designs that feature smaller projects.

And here is the one I am taking to the framer today...it is incomplete here but I will show it to you when it is framed.

It has been quite a while since I stitched on Aida and not linen. It was a nice change.

And I was at the Cross Stitch Peddler and came away with two more projects....here is one of them

I just love stitching with fall colors. And this is a Jolly Jack! I also have a pattern for a Prairie Schooler Christmas Sampler. I just love Prairie Schooler and I am so sad the designers are retiring! I checked Ebay for some of their old patterns and oh my goodness...the prices for some of them are outrageous. I will save my old patterns for a rainy day fund.

Thanks for all the comments on my give away. It is fun to meet some new bloggers and a few lurkers who have been reading my blog but have not commented. I understand...I was a lurker for many years before I got up the courage to leave a comment. But the blog world is so sweet and welcoming...dont be shy!!  If you have not left a comment, please do so. The winner will be announced tomorrow morning.

Off to Cracker Barrel for our monthly breakfast. What do you bet they have put out some fall things already? I will report back tomorrow!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Your stitching projects are lovely! And fall things out at Cracker Barrel? You're probably right but summer has just begun! Hope you had a wonderful friend breakfast and a great day!

Sandy said...

I love days of stitching and all are awesome. I can't pick a favorite. I have to share my June cottage tomorrow.

Heather said...

They look great! I do not sew, so I admire your talent! I love Pride & Prejudice too, but I have to admit that I like the newer one. Sorry! :) Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite restaurants. Just ask Andrew; I am always telling him I want to go there! Enjoy your day!

Terri D said...

Oh my, Arlene, you might even find a corner in the store with Christmas decorations!! Wouldn't surprise me at all. I so admire you folks with the patience to do cross stitching. Maybe when I retire I'll be looking for something new to try and will give it a try again. Yours are beautiful.

Arlene Grimm said...

Tina, so far no fall things at Cracker Barrel but I am betting they will come out after July 4th!! Hobby Lobby has their fall things out according to my aunt. Sandy, I am so motivated to stitch by all the projects my friends do!! Heather, I will forgive you.:) I just like Colin Firth!! I did pick up a necklace at Cracker Barrel this am. I am trying to jazz up my wardrobe with some accessories.

Chris K in Wisconsin said...

As much as I love the Fall, I'm sure not ready to see Fall stuff yet!! I know Hob Lob gets their Christmas out pretty early, but the few times I have had some crafty ideas, I was happy to see it. If I wait until November, it never ever gets done. Even retired, my procrastinating ways still surface!
Your stitching projects are beautiful! I have done stamped cross stitch, but counted cross stitch always gave me a headache. I will just enjoy seeing yours!

Dewilla Hooper said...

Seeing these three products makes me want to start looking at items other than just oils! Thanks. They look great.

Gina said...

Arlene, it is always a delight to see your needlework projects! I can't believe that autumn will be here before we know it. This year is going by so quickly. I haven't been to Cracker Barrel in a few months. I missed their Easter decor and hopefully not their 4th of July stuff.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments.Chris my mother says just watching me cross-stitch makes her nervous.lol Dewilla, give them a try!! Gina, Cracker Barrel had some lovely July 4th things.