Followers

Friday, June 17, 2016

The Farm

I had to share this picture of my family farm in north Georgia. My cousin, Scott, sent his drone camera out and captured this yesterday.  The driveway in the middle of the foreground goes to my Mother's house and the driveway on the extreme left will one day go to our Little House.  And the mountain is Fort Mountain. I played in the shadow of that mountain all my growing up years and took the beautiful view very much for granted. Thanks Scott for sharing this with me.

I will be taking a week off next week. I think it is important to un plug when you are on vacation. I am even leaving my Fit Bit here!! Now I may have withdrawals from that!!

So today I will be trying to clean house and get organized for my trip. My sweet neighbors will be keeping a watch over our house and the newspaper and the mail is taken care of so I guess we are ready to go.    I would ask for prayers for traveling mercies and a time of refreshment and making some sweet memories.  Hopefully I will have lots to blog about when I return!!

14 comments:

Tina said...

Prayers for a safe journey and a wonderful vacation! You will be missed but I look forward to reading all about it when you get back (especially if you read any good books while you were away ;-)

Sandy said...

Have a wonderful trip. It is always good to unplug from all the computers and gizmos in our lives if nothing else to prove we can.
Enjoy the family.
That farm view is very pretty.

Terri D said...

What an amazing picture!! You will be in my prayers for safe travels!! Have a wonderful vacation!! Can't wait to see photos and hear all about it!

Mildred said...

What a lovely tract of land. Amazing to have this drone photo.

Praying for you to have safe travel and a very nice vacation. xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Friends!!

Mari said...

That is such a beautiful area!
Enjoy your week - see you when you return!

Betsy Brock said...

What a beautiful spot there! Gorgeous!

Have a nice time off...hope you get a lot done and enjoy it!

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

I hope you have a fabulous vacation, friend! I don't have a Fitbit, but my cell phone does the same things. The ONLY time I EVER hit my fitness goals is usually when I'm on vacay! That's an awesome picture. I think drones are so neat.


Tif
www.brightonabudget.com

doodles n daydreams said...

Have a wonderful, technology free, break. Looking forward to reading about your adventures when you get back.

Diana

doodles n daydreams said...

I also meant to say what a beautiful picture of your family home.

Diana

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

No fit bit? You are a wild woman! Hope you are having a great time!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

What a breathtaking farm...wow! I hope that you have a wonderful vacation :)

Linda said...

What a beautiful place for your Dream Cabin!! Or are you planning on building a fulltime house?

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments friends. Linda, this will be our get away. I really feel that Alabama is home to me now so I would not want to move back to my hometown and my grands are here so you know how important that is.