Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2016

An Afternoon with Belle

I have an early morning coffee date tomorrow so I am posting tonight And be forewarned, Nana is just out and out bragging in this post.:)

Saturday we got busy early getting ready for our trip to Montgomery. Don't you love Margaret's head band? Well she loved it for about 20 minutes and decided it was too tight. Cute while it lasted.

Modeling her new dress and shoes...

Sweet Kendall...she was such a help all week. She kept Margaret entertained.

Who says Matilda Jane is just for children? Nana loved her new Matilda Jane dress too.

Grandpa wore a coordinating shirt. Unfortunately Matilda Jane does not make Grandpa clothes.

The Alabama Shakespeare Festival is located in a beautiful park.

Our Beauties.

Kendall and Margaret enjoyed the craft area prepared for all the younger theater patrons.

There was a dress up area too.

Margaret.

Mirror Mirror

Margaret wanted to get her picture made with Belle...

And the Beast..

And Gaston....I have to say that this actor Stole the show...he was very entertaining.

Katy took this photo of our matching outfits when we dropped Margaret off on the way home. We had such a nice day with our girlies.

The play was very good and our seats were perfect. As I said, the actor who played Gaston along with his side kick, Le Fou, were scene stealers for sure.  Belle was beautiful and Margaret was entranced with Belle's beautiful yellow dress she wore for the final scene.  When we were having dinner, I asked Margaret who was her favorite character and she responded "the wolves". The wolves menaced Belle and her father and finally the Beast in the forest. They were on stage for maybe all of ten minutes.:)  Kendall said it was all good and she could not pick just one character. I enjoyed the scenes with dancing....the Stein clicking dance as well as Be Our Guest were enchanting.

I am so glad we are blessed with such a wonderful theater in our state.  Now that the girls have had a taste of theater, I am sure we will be making more trips to Montgomery.

7 comments:

Linda said...

What a lovely visit I had with you as I read all about your weekend!! That headband is just TOO cute!!! Surely you can adjust the elastic so it won't be so tight!
Beautiful family! Loved every photo.......

Terri D said...

I'm so excited that the girls (and you two, too) had such a great time at the play. It is so important for our youngsters to be exposed to the arts! I know you will be enjoying more great times at the theater!

Mari said...

It looks like you all had so much fun! I think all you girls look cute as can be in your Matilda Jane clothes. :)

Sandy said...

Y'all look fabulous in your Matilda Jane dresses. I love to go to plays and that theatre is simply beautiful. I know it was a great time.

Arlene Grimm said...

Linda, think it just needs stretching out and Margaret just did not want to wear it.lol Maybe I can wear it for a while to stretch it. I think it is super cure.:)Terri, I do want to provide experiences for my grands...and then I get to enjoy them too.Thanks for the MJ compliments Mari and Sandy. It is fun to coordinate. I would like to go back and see the play again...it was very good.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful to have special time with these girls! And the photo of all of you is a treasure. Making memories...that's what we always say! Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you Diane...I agree, no one can take your memories from you!!