Followers

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Another Happy

As you know I love to give Happies to my friends. It need not be something big or expensive. I keep my eye out for things that I might use as a Happy and put it away until needed.

Last week my friend, Sharon, prepared a meal for our Titus Ladies group. I wanted to take her a Happy to show her how much I appreciated her effort.  While I was at the Mennonite grocery store, I saw a pretty cotton towel that said, Bless the Cook Who Serves Love and Laughter.  I promptly put it in my cart!

As you can see I had some ribbon on hand so I rolled the towel up and tied a pretty bow. When you get to be our age there is not much that you really need but everyone can use a nice fresh dishtowel.  And speaking of ribbon....I save all the pretty pieces of ribbon that come on packages etc Often they can be reused. My mother knows I use lots of ribbon and she had received a gift that had some gros grain ribbon around it. She saved it for me. I will press it a bit and put it in my stash. And if you do not want to get out the iron you can easily straighten the ribbon with a flat iron for hair. Be sure and test a small piece first..you do not want melted ribbon on your flat iron. And delicate ribbon still requires an iron on low heat. Gros Grain ribbon is pretty hardy so the flat iron works well on it.

Margaret is here and Kendall is spending two nights also. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I got tickled at them last night as they were hungry before bedtime and I fixed them a bowl of cereal. Margaret said, "I've never had breakfast at bedtime!" We ended up calling it a Brack...Bedtime snack. It must have helped them sleep because they are both still sawing logs this morning.  Today we are off in search of back packs and lunch bags.  It is good to have two sweet girls visiting. As neither has a sister, they enjoy being together.

9 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I know those girls are having so much fun with you! (and you with them!)
Enjoy!

Sandy said...

I loved all the pictures on Instagram yesterday. I finally plopped in a chair last evening and looked. Those girls are so adorable. You are seriously a great gift giver.

Arlene Grimm said...

Leslie Anne, I am pooped but in a good way! Sandy when I forget how old I am...Kendall and Margaret remind me. I wish I had half their energy.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww you all sound like you have so much fun together!! I love new dish towels too. :)
Hope you have a nice week!

Terri D said...

I know you are having as much fun as the girls are!! I'll look forward to seeing some of your photos! Have fun shopping! Brack is really a cute new word, and one that they will remember with love!

Arlene Grimm said...

Julie I LOVE dishtowels..especially cotton ones.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri I wish I could eat a Brack every night before I go to bed.lol

Gina said...

Arlene, what fun with the girls! And that towel is so sweet. Your friend will be thrilled with a bit of happy!

Mari said...

You are so sweet! I love the way you pick up fun things for others and I think happy is the perfect name.
Glad you had fun with the girls! I know they did too.