Followers

Monday, July 11, 2016

Celebrating Dottie

And here is the Birthday Girl, Miss Dottie Curry. Her dress matches her name. Our great niece, Dottie, turned 4 over the weekend and we went to Memphis to celebrate this sweet girl who was born on Mama G's birthday. She is named after one great grandmother and was born on the other great grandmother's birthday. So she is a special young lady. Uncle Marvin is her favorite uncle so we were happy to attend Dottie's birthday celebration.

We started Saturday morning with a lovely breakfast prepared by my brother in law, Lee. Not many people get to eat a breakfast prepared by a busy surgeon.  Lanier set the table with her mother's breakfast china. Food just tastes better on a pretty plate in my opinion.

Then we were off to the club where Dottie celebrated her birthday with a swim party. The lovely lady in pink, is the original Dottie. She is in her 90s but always ready to party! I am holding baby Mae, so her mommy can get in the pool with Eden and Adeline.

The Brothers Grimm and the kiddos.  The cookies came from Whimsical Cookie, a local company owned by the adopted sister of Michael Orr. If you have seen the movie, The Blind Side, you will know the Tuohys who adopted Michael live in Memphis. The cookies were amazing.

The Birthday Girl got the first piece.

For dinner we went to niece Sarah's house where we got to enjoy all the greats.


Left to right...Mae, Sallie and Buddy.


Arms full of preciousness...

Here is Lanier with her youngest grands...number 12 and 13.

Lanier loved her bin for all her MJ business.

And she sent me home with lots of goodies too...

Muddy's cupcakes, homemade cinnamon rolls and a super soft Matilda Jane Blanket that I used last night to snuggle with as I watched the Olympic trials. Margaret also received a pair of leggings that matches a MJ dress I purchased for her.  It is always good to be with family.


5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my...I LOVE the last photo of you and hubby surrounded by all those cute kidos! What a fun time! Looks like you had a busy weekend. Are you tired? heehee! Hugs, Diane

Terri D said...

I know you had a blast with all those sweet babies!! Looks like it was a fun birthday celebration for everyone! Thanks for sharing your family with us!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

That's a lot of sweetness at that party, and I'm not talking about the edible treats! So glad you had a good time!

Mari said...

What a fun time you had! I enjoyed the photos!

Gina said...

Arlene, you all look so happy snuggling those babies! Such wonderful times. The best moments of our lives! (I posted a pic of my grands today too!)