Followers

Monday, July 4, 2016

Celebrating the Fourth and Announcing a Winner!


I received this  card in the mail this week. My blog friend, Mrs T cheered up my kitchen hutch with this pretty remembrance!  And today is Independence Day! Marvin and I are having a quiet weekend at home but we did make it out to see 1776 at the Princess Theater downtown. The Bank Street Players put on quite the show. I was very impressed with our local actors and actresses. What beautiful voices we heard! And the story of the birth of our country is a stirring one indeed.  Today we hope to go to the movies to see Resurgence....the sequel to Independence Day. We watched Independence Day yesterday so we would remember the plot. And some hamburgers will be served as it is not Independence Day without hotdogs and hamburgers.

And now to get to the winner of the July Giveaway.... Mari won the drawing for the cross art done by my sweet Lucy.  Mari if you will email me your address ...agrimm55@hotmail.com. I will get your prize in the mail this week.


It is Christmas in July!! I spent a lot of time this weekend cross stitching. I probably should have been doing some cleaning but  could not resist this Santa!! I still get a thrill when I see my patterns come to life as I stitch!

I hope all of you have a wonderful 4th!! We are blessed to live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave.

4 comments:

Terri D said...

Blessed indeed! Happy 4th to you and yours!

Mari said...

I just got home from work and saw this. How exciting! Thanks again for doing this giveaway. I love it.
Glad you are having a nice day today!

doodles n daydreams said...

Congrats to Mari, she'll enjoy her gift :)
I'm thinking of doing some cross stitch soon, I found one a grand daughter had started and not finished (I think it got 'lost') so I may finish it for her.

Diana

Sylvia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment, it's always nice to meet new bloggers!
It won't be long before Christmas is here again.