Followers

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Dollar Tree Pantry Organization

Last week I took one look at my pantry and decided it needed some attention.  For $10 I purchased some perky pink and green containers at my local Dollar Tree and I set to work. I wish I had remembered to take a before picture but I would have been too embarrassed to post it so you will just be seeing the AFTER.

One think I like about my townhouse is the storage. I am very fortunate to have a nice pantry just off my laundry room. It is near the kitchen so it is not inconvenient to fetch whatever I need for meals. I have a SNACK cabinet in the kitchen that the grands use for all their snack items. We have a rule that if it is in the Snack Cabinet you may help yourself. This rule was made after Grandpa allowed a grand to eat something that was NOT in the snack cabinet and I was planning to use it for lunch. Grandfather error....now he knows the rule too.

I  need to purchase a few more labels for the front of the boxes so that I can stay organized.  I  like the preppy colors that greet me when I open the pantry door.

What would we do without plastic bags?

My favorite apron hangs on a hook for easy access. I try to wear an apron when cooking as I have splattered oil on several clothing items. I learned my lesson.

Hooks on the opposite wall hold some insulated bags, reusable grocery bags and more aprons

Some things are stored on the floor but I tried to corral them. The green basket holds all my cleaning rags while the pink basket holds cleaning products.

More big items that will not fit on the shelves.

So now my pantry is organized and I hope I can keep on top of it.  Cleaning out the pantry led me to clean out my kitchen cabinets as well. And that is a good thing as The Martha would say!

10 comments:

Terri D said...

You have a great pantry!! Mine is built in and the shelves are so hard to reach into the back. I put old cookie sheets in so I can slide them out to see what is at the back of the shelves. I would love an actual walk-in pantry. Now that I am starting to think about moving and packing, I've got some major decisions to be making because I have stuff on top of stuff in my kitchen. Your organized pantry looks fabulous!

Latane Barton said...

Great going, Arlene. Organizing a closet or a drawer just makes you feel so much better... and look at that colorful greeting you will get every time you open the door. WOW

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love to organize and really need to take everything out of my pantry and see what all is there! lol I don't know if I'm brave enough to take a photo though! Yours looks so nice! Hugs, Diane

Arlene Grimm said...

Latane, it does make me happy to open that door and see the pretty colors. Oh Diane, if you had seen the before you would have encouraged me to get busy right away!lol

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your large pantry Arlene!! It looks so nice the way your organized it too. I don't have a large kitchen or a pantry. I have in the corner of the kitchen cabinets that turn and in there are my pantry items. :)
What I need to constantly organize in my pots and pans and the containers which get so messy at times.
Hope you have a nice day.
Julie xo

Jedidja said...

Arlene, I love the glimpse in your closet/pantry So neat and colorful.

About plastic bags: Here in the Netherlands there are No More free Plastic bags. You have to pay for a platic bag since January 2016. A lot of people go shopping with their own bag (nice ones, not made of plastic) This is because the Dutch government set up policy to band free plastic bag in shopping all across The Netherlands. Plastic is a very harmful waste because it is hard to degrade it in nature.

I LOVE the pink and blue on your shelves. So funny!!!

Sandy said...

I need to do a little tidying in mine also. Love the pink and green and hip hip hooray for the Dollar Tree.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri look for a place with a nice pantry. This is my first pantry in all the houses I have lived in!! Julie My pots and pans seem to have a mind of their own. I think they jump off the shelves once I go to bed at night. They always seem to be in a different place. Jedidja,some people use cloth bags here but I have to admit, I love my plastic bags for garbage liners etc. Our grocery stores do offer recycling spots for the plastic bags if you bring them back to the store. Sandy, what did we do before the Dollar Tree appeared? I buy quite a few things there.

Mari said...

You have a wonderful pantry! You did a great job on organizing it too. I like the idea of a snack spot too. I have that same issue sometimes, and sometimes Bob tells me he doesn't dare to eat anything because I may have plans for it. :)

Barbara said...

I have a similar system on my pantry shelving and in the refrigerator. Another great thing about this system is that when you are standing a the counter for a few minutes waiting for the coffee or soup, etc., you can pull a basket or two, straighten up the items and go back to what you were doing and the pantry continues to stay organized.