Followers

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Darling Daughter

Happy Birthday to my daughter, Amelia. She was born 36 years ago today and she came hurtling into the world 10 minutes after we arrived at Athens General Hospital in Athens, Georgia.  Believe me I was glad I had practiced Blowing instead of Pushing at Lamaze or I would have had her in our car! We lived about 20 minutes from the hospital and I was just praying we would make it.  She has always kept us on our toes!

For her birthday, Todd arranged a short trip to Chicago so Amelia could see the house from Home Alone! That has always been one of her favorite movies. She and Mccauley Culkin are the same age. Now that makes you feel old doesn't it!:) They also walked out on the Sky Deck and visited Lake Shore Drive.  They will be home on Monday so I better get busy making some of her favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Don't forget to enter my July Giveaway! Winner will be announced on Monday!

7 comments:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Aww Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter Arlene!! :)

NAN said...

My grandson who is almost 12 was born 2 minutes after my daughter and soninlaw got to the hospital! She didn't even get to put a gown on LOL. Beautiful daughter BTW.

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful Amelia. Time does fly! I feel ancient each time one of mine has a birthday.

Terri D said...

That's a great photo. Your daughter is beautiful! Sounds like a fun get-away!!

Mari said...

She is so pretty! I love her name too.

Gina said...

Arlene, a very happy birthday to your daughter! What a wonderful trip to visit some favorite places!

Jedidja said...

Happy birtday to you all. She is beautiful to see and precious!