Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Keep Calm and Think of Fall

Even though it is just the end of July, three "fall" magazines have arrived at my house making me feel optimistic that Autumn in the South is around the corner. This has been one of the hottest, driest summers we have had in many a year. I think we are all ready for some cooler temps. We would take high 80s instead of high 90s!  On to my autumnal magazines...

I picked up Cottage Journal at Walmart the other day as I could not resist the picture on the front of the magazine. And I love their decorating ideas.  Autumn in the South has a pretty porch scene with pumpkins and mums galore. I always get ideas of things to make in the kitchen as well as tips for trips, often within driving distance, from this periodical. Yesterday Country Living showed up in my mailbox. And it says September!! I did find this month's articles featured living in small spaces which may come in handy when our little house is complete.

I mailed our payment for our September getaway to Gulf Shores yesterday so that made me happy as well.  Our anniversary trip to Gulf Shores is the favorite week of the year for me and Marvin! It is truly a time of recharging our batteries.

I mentioned last week that my FitBit died. Well I purchased a Garmin Vivofit as a replacement and I really like it. It is a bit bulkier than the FitBit but the best feature of the Vivofit is looking down and seeing your steps displayed and easily read. With the FitBit you have to use your phone to check your steps. The Vivofit was on sale at Target yesterday and I used my Target red card for another little discount. The total cost of half that of a Fit Bit.  I am one of those people who just wants to know my daily step count. I do not want to challenge my friends or earn badges so the vivofit will meet my needs. Another nice feature of the Vivofit is that it takes two watch batteries that last for about a year then you just change the batteries to recharge it. My blog friend, Terri, at Your Friend from Florida, has one and she encouraged me to give it a try. Thanks for your advice Terri!!

It sure is quiet here in Nanaland this morning. Kendall and Landon will be here tomorrow and Thursday this week and I look forward to seeing Landon as it has been over a week since I have had some of my boy's hugs.  Today I will clean and think cool thoughts....Fall is coming, Fall is coming.

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I woke up thinking of Fall decorating too. I have a new little Raggedy Ann doll and I want to make a little 'end of summer' vignette with her. Time flies so I might as well start it now! haha! I walk every evening. Now you have me wondering about the steps I take. Interesting! Hugs!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, oh how I love fall and yes it's nice to see the fall magazines and get inspiration from them. I too can't wait for cooler temps. I was crocheting with fall colored yarn yesterday! Hope you have a great day.
Julie xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, I aim for 10,000 steps a day and without accountability, I am not going to do it.:) Julie, I was listening to Christmas music on Pandora as I stitched a Christmas piece. Unfortunately it did not make me any cooler.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I went to walmart and looked at them today but I'm going to think about it for awhile. Let me know if you like this new one. There are so many to choose from that I got a little confused at the store. I probably should go online to learn more about them. Sure sounds interesting! hugs!

Terri D said...

I'm so glad to hear you purchased the VivoFit and that you like it!! Fall is just around the corner, but we have to wait until mid-October before we can turn the AC off and open some windows. We are cooler here than most places north, though. We are still having mid-90s when "up north" is in the 100s. Wow!!