Followers

Thursday, July 7, 2016

The Grimmlins

In the tradition of sweet Mama G, I call my grandchildren Grimmlins. Kendall and Landon are Ledlows but they have the Grimm genes.  We will check in with them first..

Kendall and Landon with their little sisters, Reagan and Stella. This was made at their church on Sunday morning.

After spending the night with Nana and Grandpa, we went out for donuts.

Landon enjoyed his donuts!  He is a growing boy!

 Off to Bham to see the Grimmlins there...
Indoor camping in Hoover! They are having smores. And check out Ruby, right by Baylor. She is still being trained for her guard work with Baylor. And I know many of you pray for Baylor so I wanted to share that he called Katy, "Mommy" for the first time ever while we were on vacation. Believe me it was a red letter day for Baylor man.

This was from this week. Margaret is so loving to Baylor and she will not let him shut her out. Katy sent me the video of Margaret loving on her brother and at one point, he reaches up and rubs her hair. That is Baylor's way of showing you he loves you. So precious. Small steps for sure but we are so happy to see him being more engaged in his world.

Skipping over to Georgia....

Poor Audrey had Roseola when this picture was made last week.  Look at those cheeks...oh my goodness I could eat her with a spoon. She is enjoying the attention of her Kim grandparents and great grandmother who is visiting from Connecticut.  Miss A is feeling much better this week.

So there is a tour of my Nanaland. When I look at Kendall I can see her turning into a teenager right before my eyes. Another reminder of how quickly time passes by.  A friend of mine posted a little saying on Facebook the other day that really spoke to my heart.

There are no perfect children, there are no perfect parents but there are perfect moments along the way.   I have found this to be so very true. And when those perfect moments come, cherish them!!


10 comments:

Sandy said...

That is the most perfect quote though. They are all so beautiful. It makes me want grandchildren, but none seem to be on the horizon. I am still praying for one of my to grow up himself, so none need to be on the horizon for him.
Oh Arlene, the "mommy" from Baylor and the fact that Margaret can hold him like that ARE VERY signs indeed. And sweet Ruby...makes my heart smile.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, you will get your grands and it will be hard to believe there was a time when they were not around.:) We are hopeful for Baylor but we try to be realistic at the same time. We are thankful for every blessing with our spectrum boy.

Terri D said...

A beautiful quote. Beautiful. Your grands are all so adorable and I got tears in my eyes when I read that Baylor said Mommy for the first time. Oh my gosh, is that such great news!! He remains in my prayers! Thanks for the update on all your kiddos!

Jedidja said...

I love that saying! Thanks for it. What a beautiful family you have!

Mrs.T said...

Love the quote. And Arlene ... what a wonderful answer to prayer that Baylor called Katy "Mommy" for the first time. That is so exciting! And I love that Margaret will not let Baylor shut her out. When I pray for their family, one of my requests is always that even Margaret and little Elliott will know how best to interact with Baylor. So it's exciting to see that picture of her with him.

Your grands are all so special. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Arlene Grimm said...

Y'all that quote really spoke to me as we all have days where we wonder if we did the best we could in certain situations. Thanks for the sweet words about the kiddos.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sure looks like fun was had by everyone! How wonderful to have lots of photos to remember these happy times! Hugs!

Gina said...

Loved your post, Arlene! Your grandchildren are simply darling. I know you treasure every moment with them!

Mari said...

Your Grimlins are all just adorable!
Hooray for Baylor! Reading about that big accomplishment gave me a big smile, and so did the picture of him and Margaret.

Arlene Grimm said...

Y'all are so sweet...a nana cannot help but brag every now and then.