Followers

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Things I Am Loving This Week

The last two days I have had time to get some things done here at home and it reminded me of how many things I really enjoy using in my home. This is a short list, believe me.

My Yeti cup has been one of my best purchases. I put my coffee in it early in the morning then switch over to water for the rest of the day. No more wasted coffee due to the fact it has become luke warm. And I have increased my water intake because this YETI keeps it cold for HOURS.

I received a three dollar coupon for this new laundry detergent so I gave it a try. Ladies, I really like how it cleans my clothes and it does make the whites brighter without using bleach.

My friend, Deborah, gave me this big Wet It Sponge for my birthday. How many times have I used it to wipe up big spills, I cannot count! The other day, I had a MAJOR spill and this thin sponge got it ALL up. I am out of my small kitchen Wet Its so I need to order more. I really like the Wet It products.

Can I say how much I love my massage therapist. I only go once a month but it is truly life changing. As you get older, with all the aches and pains, a good massage does wonders for your over well being. I had my monthly massage on Monday and it was wonderful. If I were rich, I would have a standing weekly appointment.

I have been doing a lot of cross stitch this week and I love my Matilda Jane tote bag as it holds all my supplies and looks good too.

One of my chores this week was to catch up on my grands photo albums. I print photos at the end of each month and I put them in albums for my grands. Not many people bother printing photos any more but I love to sit down with my own albums and look back in time. I hope my grands will enjoy theirs. I plan to give them to each grand when they graduate from High School.

I try to purchase albums with the spaces for descriptions of the photographs. When my dear mother in law passed away, we tossed so many pictures because we had no way of knowing who the people in the pictures were. Most of her photos were just in a big box.  Marvin and I took on the job of sorting, organizing and scanning to a CD.

School starts back here on the 10th of August so it is beginning to seem like fall even though it is still SUMMER. My "beachy" cross stitch that I had displayed on the kitchen breakfast bar seemed a bit too summery so I swapped it for this pretty Sunflower tin that I had in my Decor Stash. It will ease us into Fall. Speaking of Fall Decor, I plan to just put out a few things this year. I am trying to be a bit more minimalist. I heard from my blog friend, Tif at Bright on a Budget that Bath and Body Works has their fall hand soaps etc in the store. I may have to go by and purchase a few to have on hand come September.

And last of all...a book that is holding my attention. It is not a "happy" book but it is an interesting look at life on an Ojibwa Indian Reservation in the late 1990s and the years preceding. I have resorted to re reading some of my old favorites. Last week I got down one of my CAT WHO books by Lillian Jackson Braun. I have always enjoyed this series of mysteries featuring Jim Qwilleran and his Siamese cats KoKo and Yum Yum.

So that is what is happening here in Nagaland. Off to have lunch with the girls while Amelia takes Kendall and Landon to do some back to school shopping.

15 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your little sunflower. This is a hard time for decorating when it is still sweltering hot, but school is starting, etc.
I too have a tote bag to keep my stitching corralled.
I still believe in printing photos too. I just love an album to flip through. I print mine every two months and file them away. Your idea for the grandkids book is awesome. They will love them. Where do you print your photos?

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Sandy. I print my photos at Walgreens as they offer good coupons and I always print a lot at one time. I finally finished Up on the Rooftop and I had to re deign it bit as I made a counting mistake.( GRR) Now I am working on an old pattern of Prairie Schooler's four seasons. I am doing Autumn right now. I may use an easel to display it like you display your cottages.

Carol said...

Hi Arlene! Thanks so much for visiting my blog--I'm happy to have found yours as well :) Love the look of your stitching bag--a happy bag for happy things!! You are so well-organized to put together the albums for your grandkids--what a great idea. I'll have to remember that when (if--please, please!!)I become a grandma myself. My sons are certainly taking their time!! I look forward to seeing your PS stitching...

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I wait so patiently for fall to arrive and I think decorating for it is a great idea...maybe it will help my mood of late. I just watched a video on facebook about how people are losing their photos- discs that have the top layer dissolve so photos are erased...computer crashes. I have been putting my photos on flash drives and I believe the speaker on this video even said something about those not storing for very long. I need to try to start printing my photos again. :) Have a blessed day!

Terri D said...

Oh my, we still have so many old photos. I've been scanning them in as I can so we can get rid of the boxes. I don't print photos anymore. We have a digital photo frame that sits on a shelf in the living room and runs through over 100 photos. I catch one now and then as I walk by and guests always get a kick out of photos that include them popping up. It's a job though. I've heard those Yeti mugs are really great! I like the thin sponge and may have to look for them next time I'm at Publix. I get a facial every four weeks and it relaxes me more than a massage. I go tonight, actually. Joe is in charge of picking up something for dinner the nights I have my facials, so I can go home and stay relaxed with no cooking or cleaning up! :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Carol, I will be sharing my stitching for sure. I picked up a bib to make for a new great niece as well.Terri at Coloring Outside the lines, that is so interesting. I asked my children if they wanted me to continue to do this for the grands and they all said YES. So I will keep plugging along.Terri, It think it is a good thing to do things for ourselves. Our generation has a hard time with that concept for some reason.

Barbara said...

I love the CAT WHO series too. I've read and listened on audio. The Audio are pretty good. The reader sounds prtty much like you would expect of Jim Q. I also keep photographs for the Grands. Most people take pictures on their phone so the kids don't really get to see them. I download all my photos from my camera to my laptop and then when Snapfish or one of the others runs a special I email some to print out and keep in an album. The kids look at them every time they come over.

Arlene Grimm said...

Barbara I have all the Cat Who Books and now and then I re read my favorites. I may have to listen to the audio.

Karen said...

That is a lot of useful and special things. I especially like that tote!

Cranberry Morning said...

What a fun and interesting post! It's a great idea to print out photos and label them for the grandkids. I'll have to try that detergent. I had a dark chocolate bar sitting next to me and managed to set my cell phone on it. Needless to say, I now have chocolate that i need to try to get out of white sheets.

Jedidja said...

I like your thin sponge. Super!

sharon said...

I found your blog while blog hopping. Great to find someone who lives nearby. I live in Huntsville. I have enjoyed your blog.

Arlene Grimm said...

Sharon, thanks for dropping by Nanaland. We used to live in Huntsville before we moved to Decatur about 25 years ago. My husband works in the defense industry. Sounds like we have a lot in common after reading your About Me on Blogger!!

Pam Jackson said...

I am guilty of enjoying all my stuff around me! LOL.....and this year I am going to work really hard at letting go of some of it. I am not a hoarder but I really think I could be if I don't keep things in check. Love to have a massage but having fibromyalgia sometimes just being touched is not easy. I have just recently picked up my cross stitch again. Been a few years since I have done much. Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

Hello Arlene! So delighted to 'meet' you through blogging and Mildred's kind words on her blog!\
Your very pretty bag is a great way to store all your cross stitch pieces - something I must do!
Those photos albums are another great idea!
Happy weekend from your newest follower!