Followers

Saturday, August 27, 2016

A New Year at MOPs!

Yesterday we kicked off a new MOPs year. What a joy it was to see all the board members decked out in their pretty purple shirts.

Lauren even got leggings with stars on them because our theme this year is...

This pretty reminder greeted the ladies as they signed in.

We all sat at one LONG table yesterday. Next time we will divide up into groups.

My table will be Luminous!

Others are...

and
and finally...

We also had some good eats...

Two delicious breakfast casseroles.


Krispy Kremes in abundance!


These are the tarts I made for the morning...I experimented with a new recipe.

And for a cute quick craft we decorated paper clips.

The Gold paper clips can be found at Staples. We used two strands of ribbon and slip knotted them onto the paper clip.  So many of the young moms use planners nowadays and they like these pretty paper clips to mark a special event. I am going to make some of these for my friends. Heaven knows I have enough scrap ribbon from various projects that this will be an inexpensive "happy'. I think these would go well with a notepad and pen...you could even make them in seasonal or school colors. Our Board members are so creative.

I know this is going to be a great year at MOPs!  As this will be my last year it is bittersweet but I have been there for about five or six years now and its time for some new ladies to take over  I have enjoyed my season as a  mentor for this wonderful organization.

8 comments:

Summer said...

Loving all these photos! The food looks good and I love the table styling ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Terri D said...

You have to be proud that some many women are participating in your MOPS group. It is a wonderful idea, and obviously successful and loved by all. The decorations are great and I love the paperclip craft! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

A new year with a great group. Look forward to more shares.

Sandy said...

That verse is from Daniel and is truly one of my favorite. I remember the first time I heard it was from Anita Bryant in Montgomery while in college. I love it best from the New American Standard Version which of course is what I have:)
Y'all look like you have lots of fun!

Mari said...

We are having one last planning meeting next week, then we start too. Everything looks very cute!

Linda said...

You have a servant's spirit and a real gift for ministering.
I know God will call you into another area if he hasn't already!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies...Mari, I am looking forward to seeing what your group is doing this year!! Sandy, I just love the theme for the year. We all need to shine like stars! Terri, my heart was so full at seeing a room full of young moms enjoying themselves and encouraging each other.Summer, thanks for dropping by and for the sweet comment. Linda, I am just waiting right now to see what doors God opens for me. I am involved in the ladies ministry at our church and I am the secretary for our Sunday School Class so I will be continuing with those areas of service. I am finding that I am "slowing" down a bit as I get older but I'd rather wear out than rust out as I heard someone say one time.:)

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

This looks fun! And those paperclips are too cute!