Followers

Monday, August 29, 2016

A Stitchy Weekend

I made a trip to the Cross Stitch Peddler Saturday morning and enjoyed shopping for some patterns I had seen on Floss Tube! I also chatted with store owner, Marlene, who is a wealth of knowledge on all things cross stitch.

When I got home I sorted my stash and put it all in my Matilda Jane Bag so I can pull them out when ready to stitch.


On Floss tube I learned about needle minders so I ordered this cute one on Etsy. It is a quote from Harry Potter.

No more losing my needle in the sofa!! Or on the floor for the grands to find it. I finished up my Winter by Prairie Schooler and started this piece.

It is a Lizzie Kate pattern that will work up quickly.

Nothing to relax me like a weekend stitching away. I also received in the mail, Susan Branch's books Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams. I read about half of it last night. It is so good. I lover her illustrations and she is moving on with her life which makes me happy as I know she will find her prince charming and success in her business. I like happy endings.


10 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I have one of those little needle holders and they are handy to have. Can't wait to get Susan B's new book! I didn't realize it was out already. Something else for my wish list! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Diane

Tina said...

I love your new needle minder! And I hope (know?) you'll end up loving Isle of Dreams as much as I did, it's so good! Happy reading!

Terri D said...

I like happy endings too!! I think we all do, actually. Your cross stitch patterns look great and the needle minder seems like just the best idea. I've had a straight pin get stuck in my foot before and it's no fun to step on something sharp like that!

Heather said...

So cute. Sounds like you had a good weekend!

Mildred said...

I remember the joy of buying new patterns and sorting out the colorful threads etc. Did not know about the needle finder - cute idea! Have fun with these gorgeous holiday patterns.

Elizabeth said...

That Matilda Jane bag is too cute. I just had to dig my needle out of the couch cushion last night, so I might need to shop for one of those needle minders. Can't wait to see what you make with all your new floss!

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh Diane, you will love love love that book. i had a credit on Amazon so I only paid about half price for it and it is one I will read again and again. The art is so pretty..And Tina...that book is just lovely, you are right!!Ladies the needle minder could be made easily. All you need is two small magnets. Glue a thin adornment to one and you just put he piece of stitching between the magnets. I may try to make some for myself. You re all right about losing needles...so frustrating. I had to stop by Hobby Lobby this am to get some paper to finish my Winter scene. I am so addicted to my needle and thread right now. My mother in law used to say that crocheted her worries into her pieces and I am much the same. It calms me down like nothing else.

Mari said...

I love your new needle minder! Sounds like a good weekend.
PS - I shared your MOPS post with some of our MOPS leaders and they loved your decor.

Linda said...

You always stay busy!!! Needle minders! I have never heard of such! I know! I live under a rock!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mari...I look forward to seeing what you all do with the theme this year!! Linda...I am busy at anything but cleaning, which I need to do!:)