Followers

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Back to School

Yesterday it was back to school for Kendall and Landon. Kendall is at middle school( fifth and sixth grades) and Landon is in second grade at Priceville Elementary.

Kendall is a nerd at heart so she could not wait for school to start. She has a locker and she gets to change classes.

Landon said he would rather go back to preschool where he did art and played on the playground.  He has a sweet young teacher who is very enthusiastic about education so I know he will have a good year

I managed to survive the car line. Oh my goodness. What a mess. I know it was the first day of school but the pick up procedure for Kendall needs some work.  Our little community built a new high school so this is the first year of middle school and Jr high being at separate locations. I am hoping the kinks get worked out!!

Once Grandpa retires I can send him to the middle school and I will get Landon!!

We are off to Chatsworth to see the progress on our property and to tend to some business( Power and water). I also get to choose the siding for the house so I am hoping I can make a good decision. I will have to live with it for many years! I will be back here at Nanaland on Saturday!

8 comments:

Jan said...

School seems to start earlier every year, doesn't it? Your grands look sweet on their first day! Ours start the 22nd.

Terri D said...

The kids look great and they are so lucky to have you in their lives on a daily basis! Have fun picking out siding. Don't forget to share your selection with us!! :)

Mari said...

They look so cute! The beginning of school is fun with all the new clothes and school supplies.
School doesn't start in Michigan until after Labor Day!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thank you sweet friends....I am posting some pictures of the Hoover Grimmlins tomorrow. I sure wish they did not have to go back to school so early...September would be much cooler.

Barbara said...

How far is the new house from the grand kids. Will you still be helping after school pickup, etc?

Arlene Grimm said...

Barbara our little house is just a vacation get away and it is about three hours from Decatur where we live. We will go on weekends and on days when we do not have carline. And Believe me if I could get out of carline, I would.:)

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Wow I can't believe it's already time for some of the kids to get back to school already! Your grands are beautiful. My daughter goes back to school right after Labor Day and I'm glad we still have time to enjoy summer before the rat race begins!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend Arlene. Take care.
Julie

doodles n daydreams said...

Your grandkids are looking so grown up. My middle grandson is off to secondary school next year so the last couple of weeks has been about sussing out schools for the parents and school visits for the kids. Important decisions to be made all around.

Diana