Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Grab That Pic A Nic Basket Boo Boo!

I thought you might enjoy seeing the scenes two of my cousins came upon last week in Northwest Georgia.

My cousin, Sheri, caught  Boo Boo looking for a picnic basket early one morning! She took this picture from inside!! ( If you do not know who Boo Boo is, he was Yogi Bear's little buddy in Jellystone Park.)  My cousin, Steve, looked out his window and saw this...

He titled his caption on Facebook....Fine dining, no reservations needed. This bear is feasting on my cousin's grapes and is actually on top of the arbor it seems.

Both of my cousins live at the bottom of a mountainous area and it is becoming more common to see bears in the area.  My sis in law, Lanier, is concerned that the bears are going to get us at our new little house.  I have assured her that for now they are seem to be more destructive than dangerous. They are hungry and looking for food...dog food is one of their favorite things and if you store your food outside, they will come looking for it. They also enjoy grapes and apples. My aunt had some apple trees that she finally cut down because they were attracting the black bears.

My cousin Steve has seen bears on his property a good deal. One summer a mother bear and her two cubs loved to roam his land and even came up on their deck to visit.  The game wardens catch the bears and take them back to the mountain but apparently they did not get the memo that said, Stay Away.

And on the home front...

My Jolly Jack came home from the framer. I put him on the breakfast bar to snap a picture and I can hardly wait to display him come October....ok, probably late September. I am ready for fall!! I just discovered that a talented cross stitcher and finisher, Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher, has some tutorials on You Tube about "finishing" some of your cross stitch pieces. I am going to watch them and see if I can save a bit of money by doing some things myself.  She is a hoot to watch on Floss Tube. And how do these stitchers get so many projects done? I feel like I spend too much time cross stitching and yet I cannot crank out a lot of pieces!

It is Wednesday...a bit of cleaning and a home cooked dinner. Tonight it is Parmesan Chicken Fingers. Once I found this recipe that we all enjoy, I have seldom fried chicken fingers. These are so tasty and moist.  We still have a serving of Peach Cobbler left so that will be dessert. And last of all I did find a good book at the library, The Body in the Wardrobe by Katherine Hall Page. She is one of my favorite cozy writers. This one is set in Savannah, Ga. Since my husband is from Savannah, I feel like it is visiting home.

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We would see bears in NC and had one on our front porch one time. We ran outside with our camera as he climbed a tree. I wonder now how wise that was! haha! You should leave your Fall cross stitch out NOW! I love it! Hugs!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never read this author so I just checked out The Body in the Piazza from my library as an ebook! Can't wait to read it! Thanks!

Terri D said...

It's so fun to read a book that takes place in a real town that you have visited and know! The bears can be a bit scary, I think, but perhaps they are just looking for food and not a fight! Great photos though! I enjoy seeing your lovely needle work!

Mari said...

I would be pretty frightened to see bears in my yard!
Your Parmesan Chicken Fingers sound good - would you share the recipe?
I love your Jolly Jack!

Mildred said...

We have been told there are bears here too! So far, I've just seen lots of deer. I love your fall cross stitch. The other day when I posted about fall potpourri, bloggers told me it was TOO early to think about fall! lol I hope you will share your recipe as Mari requested, also. Enjoy your evening.

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane my favorite book is her very first one, The Body in the Belfry. I love mysteries that take place in New England. Terri, I am going to try to be brave and I will check my front porch before heading out there. So far the bears have not bothered my family. Mari, I left the recipe on your page.