Followers

Friday, August 26, 2016

Growing Up

Kendall is super excited about school today. After school there will be a dance from three to six in the gym. She has talked about what she is wearing and how much fun it will be.  Actually there will be games and a dj so it is more like a party than a dance but I am still scratching my head at how we got here so quickly. I thought I had a few more years until the parties, dances and romances started!! Kendall is 10 1/2 years old and started fifth grade at the middle school this year. So far the girl drama that comes with the territory has not been a problem. I am so glad that Amelia is the one who will have to deal with this stage of life and I get to be the nana.

Go Your Own Way....I hope that Kendall can stand strong in the waters of middle school.

She is a smart girl and loves math and science. I have often said she is her grandpa's mini me in this department.

Here she is in her new bedroom....you can find her on her iPad or reading a book in her free time.

When this girl was born we had no idea of the joy she would bring us. As I looked at the picture of Barbara holding Ella, it brought back many memories of those early days of being a grandparent. There is nothing like it.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

She is a beautiful young lady. You can see a light in her smile. You just keep praying for her, because the world today tries to grow them up too quickly. However, being in the public schools for 31 years, I am not one who believes you can shield them from the world, just be there to help them navigate it.

Terri D said...

Kendall is such a beautiful young lady! They do seem to start things earlier these days. Gosh, I didn't go to a dance until 7th grade. At 10, I was still climbing trees and playing outside with friends all day. Seems like "we" just don't let kids be kids for very long any more.

Arlene Grimm said...

Well this morning on the way to school I asked her if she was going to dance with a boy and she said, No, very emphatically. So I guess boys still have kooties and that is a good thing. I agree with both of you that kids do grow up way to fast these days. I was still playing with dolls at 10.

Mrs.T said...

Even my own girls were still playing with dolls/paper dolls at 11 and 12 ... as I did. Along with climbing trees, reading voraciously and enjoying all kinds of outdoor activities. There was very little "girl drama" with my daughters. All of their closer childhood friends (and their cousins) were boys, and in retrospect I think this prevented a ton of drama.

Yes, keep her surrounded by prayer every day. Really, when you think about it that's the very most important and effective thing you can do.

Barbara said...

I've got a few more years until the Grand Girls get to this stage. So Sweet and Sad at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Kendall have a great time at the dance. Enjoy middle school.
Marion

Mildred said...

Kendall is a darling girl. She is like you and Grandpa both - math and science from him, and reading/decorating from you!

Mari said...

Yes, they grow too fast and our culture doesn't help!
She is a cutie and is blessed to have a supportive family.

Linda said...

What a beautiul post and a beautiful girl!! I can tell how special she is to you!

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

Good luck to her and y'all too!