Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2016

In Nanaland

Well our new grand niece arrived on Monday evening...

Welcome to the world Ella Marie. Here she is with her Grammy, my sis in law, Barbara.  Nothing like those new babies!! Congrats to Brittany and Caleb as they set out on the journey of parenthood. Lots of joy but some tears will be shed and they will not all be Ella's!

And progress on the Little House...

This hard working man dug the holes for the footings. ( He has a big machine but sometimes you need a shovel to finish it up.

Footings are poured and awaiting blocks that should go in next week. Georgia Power will also be working on supplying our electricity.

And here at Nana's house, I changed out the grandchildren's book box.I got rather nostalgic looking at all the Fall books.

I had to stop and read this one. Room on the Broom is one of my new favorites. All of my grands, old and young love this story of friendship.

It is friend day and we are off to Francescos, a local Italian restaurant that is better than Olive Garden in my opinion. I think I am having an appetizer for lunch. Bruschetta is one of my favorites! I will be making a stop at the library and I am shopping for my September giveaway! One week from today is September!! And four months from today is Christmas as one of my cousins reminded me on Facebook this morning!

8 comments:

Mildred said...

Ella Marie is beautiful. Blessings to the family.

How exciting as work continues on your little home.

Enjoy your lunch today.

Sandy said...

Oh my goodness, time is flying. I love September.
Ella is so sweet. Nothing beats holding a baby.
And footings are a sign that it is really happening!
I love your book box and will be doing that if I ever get those grandkids.

Heather said...

There is nothing as special as holding and loving on new babies. I love her name, too. So cute! The house is coming along. Soon there will be walls up!

Terri D said...

There is just nothing better than a sweet new baby to celebrate!! May God bless her and the family with all things good in the years to come! That is so exciting to see the foundation poured for the 'Little House'!! Thanks for keeping us updated with the progress!!

Barbara said...

Room on the Broom is one of my favorites too. Wonderful pictures of the new little girl. Welcome to the World.

Mari said...

Such a beautiful baby! And hooray for progress on the house!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the sweet comments Friends.

Tif Nichols Fannin said...

I can't believe we're just 4 months out from Christmas! It's so exciting that things are coming along on the house. And I need to get that book for Kane this year. I do believe he'd enjoy it.