Followers

Monday, August 8, 2016

Lamps and Lovelies

About six months ago I purchased my first Salt Lamp. I was skeptical of the claim that this salt lamp would cut down on the dust and allergens in my home but now I am a believer.  My kitchen hutch is one of the "dustiest" places in my home. It seems to attract dust like no other piece of furniture. So I decided a new salt lamp was in order. I headed of to Bed Bath and Beyond and found this pretty new style.

I love the way it looks...it adds a bit of coziness to the kitchen. I moved my Bee Lamp to my tea cart.

This pretty bee lamp had been on top of the hutch but I love how it lights up my favorite Bible verse. And the candy pumpkins are not as tempting when they are in an out of the way spot in my home.

I also purchased two new pieces to add to my Boopie collection thanks to my antiques picker friend, Maria. She is always on the look out for these pieces for me.

Here is a picture of two of my Boopie glasses...
My mother received the water glasses as a wedding present and she gave those to me. Maria found the cordial glasses along with some dessert cups.( And I have to add that these Boopie Water glasses were a wedding gift to Mother from Uncle and Auntie....her Uncle Webb and Aunt Lois who were like a second set of parents to Mother. I love that old Southern way of referring to her special aunt and uncle. I did not know his name was Webb, he was just Uncle to me! So these are very special keepsakes.)

When Maria called to tell me that she had found two Boopie style cake plates, I wanted them too. Maria shared that she does not think they are genuine Boopie but they are a close match. I am not a purist and I just like the look so they are now at home here in Nanaland.

The look pretty in my China cabinet. Now I am looking for a pretty cake dome for them. And if you are wondering where those little angel candle holders came from, they belonged to Mama G.  I need to find some tiny candles to put in the holders. I think Birthday Cake Candles might work.

So that is what is happening here today. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

15 comments:

Heather said...

They are beautiful! And so special that they were your mom's!

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Heather, they are 62 years old! But hey, i am getting to be an antique myself.

Sandy said...

I love all your new pretties. I too like the salt lamps. Everyone is on me about them...saying that the timing of buying them has coincided with my health kick, but I am convinced they help with the dust. I now have three of them. I actually want one more, so if I make it out to Destin this week I am going to get the newer style that you have on top of your hutch.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've heard good things about those lamps and wondered about getting one. Now I guess I need to find one! lol I almost bought a vivofit because of you! heehee! You're getting me in all kinds of trouble. HUGS!!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy this is my third Lamp and I am thinking of getting one like this for my living room and moving the older one to the guest room. I am amazed that it works so well. I want one for every room!:) Diane, I am trying to get the things I want before hubs retires.:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm having fun researching them this morning! Thanks for always sharing your favorite things my friend! More Hugs!

Terri D said...

I have a salt lamp that looks almost like your new one. Great minds! LOL I have never heard the term "boopie" before, but have seen glassware like that, so now I know what it is called! Keep educating us!!

Jedidja said...

I like your stuff. But the Bibleverse is my favorite ( with lamp light on it) Thank you for sharing it.

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, I am one lazy girl...if I can keep from dusting i will.! Terri, we do think alike, that is why we are friends. And Boopie is the nick name for that glass. It has a nice name but I cannot think of it right now. Many confuse it with Candlewick which is much more expensive. Jedidja...that is my favorite verse and it encourages me every time I see it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I ordered a lamp this morning. I hope it is like yours....I'll let you know when I get it and probably blog about it too. Hugs!

Mildred said...

I've always been curious about these lamps and now I know. Next time I get a BBB coupon, I might just buy one!
I love seeing your treasures, your mom's and the new pieces you've added. Very lovely.

Mari said...

I never heard of those salt lamps but I think I better try them!
I love your new glassware and the things from Mom B. So special!

Linda said...

I have a salt lamp in our den. I had no idea it did all that! I just thought it was pretty!

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane, I hope you find them as helpful as I do. Mildred I tried them when I had a gift card, thinking that if they did not work, I had gotten them for free. Mari, as a nurse, I was interested in the health aspect. A friend who is a chemical engineer says the science is correct....the salt will capture dust and allergens. Linda, I like the glow too...a bonus!

Barbara said...

I have a whole set of those glasses I got from my Grandmother after she died. I grew up with them and always liked them so even though I don't use them, I have them in a corner shelf that I see all of the time and think of her. I'm glad to know they are special to more than me.