Followers

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Meanwhile, In Hoover...

School started on Thursday and Friday in Hoover.

Margaret headed off to first grade with her Shimmer and Shine Backpack and her Powerpuff Girls lunch box.   Katy said she swaggered into her classroom as if she owned the place. That is our Margaret.

And here is our Baylor Man...spectrum boy, lover of donuts and all things Yo Gabba Gabba.  He is going to pre kindergarten for one more year. We hope this extra year will help him make progress toward being able to attend kindergarten next year.  He is going to a new speech therapist at Puzzle Place where he does his occupational therapy. Katy said the speech therapist was so excited, " I'v had my eye on that young man and I cannot wait to work with him!" I think in all types of therapy it is good to change therapists every now and then. Baylor is also doing the Geminni speech therapy that was developed by a mother of autistic twins. He does this at home on the computer. I know many of you pray for Baylor and I am so thankful that his little life is touching so many others.

And as I was speaking of snail mail in a recent post...

All of these pretty cards were from blog friends!! If anyone asks me why I blog, I have to tell them that in addition to my love for writing,  the relationships in the blogoverse are one of the biggest bonuses to blogging.  I have seen this community come together in prayer for many needs, they cheer you on with their sweet comments and if you miss a day or two, they will check to see that you are ok.  That is a pretty big thing in my opinion.

I will be back Monday with a post about our trip to Chatsworth. It was a good one and Marvin and I are excited about what lies ahead.

6 comments:

Terri D said...

Great photos of the kiddos! Baylor remains in my prayers and I will look forward to your updates!

Mrs.T said...

Great pics of the Grimmlins as well as Landon and Kendall yesterday. So sad they have to return to school so early. Students won't go back here in our area until the end of August.

Fun seeing my postcard in this post as well!

Continuing to pray for Baylor and will pray this year makes a difference for him. So exciting that the speech therapist is enthusiastic about working with him!

Mildred said...

Very precious pictures and I know as the years go by, the photos will become even more treasured! Praying for you and your entire family, Arlene. xo

Mari said...

Both kids are just as cute as can be! I hope their year goes well.
I agree with what you said about blog friends. They are such a blessing! Praying for Baylor!

Arlene Grimm said...

Ladies, I am so thankful to know that people around the US are praying for Baylor. It really encourages me when I am tempted to become discouraged. I do believe God placed each of my grands in my life for a specific reason. I may not know that reason until I get to heaven so I will just have to be patient.:) So thankful for our blog friendship and maybe one day we will be able to meet in person.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's a busy time of year now. I saw lots of buses out when I ran errands Friday afternoon. And I love getting a card from a blog friend. I have mine in a little basket to keep and enjoy! Hugs, Diane