Followers

Monday, August 15, 2016

On the Farm

We had a good trip to North Georgia. Marvin and I were so excited to see the work that was done in our absence.  The road was A one and the site looks good.

Marvin took this picture of our septic tank. It is completely covered now and the lines  are in so we are spared an outhouse!!

We thought we were sitting on our future front porch but it is about where our bedroom will be! Our contractor, Mont, came out Friday morning and he told us where the house will sit etc.

Our site will be a bit elevated with all the dirt they moved for the road. This is good as we thought the house might require a lot of steps to meet code. However, building up the site grade means we will have easier access.

This will be our view from the porch. I am already telling Marvin that dead tree in the middle will have to come down.  And here is a picture of the road leading to the site. It is quite secluded which is nice.



I also made a selection on our siding...it will be a khaki color, green metal roof and gunstock laminate flooring everywhere except the bathroom which will have linoleum. I am on the search for a farm sink and a color for the interior. Right now I am considering Bayshore Beige, Tawny Bisque, Bleeker Beige and Lenox Tan. I hope to get to the paint store this week to finalize my decision. Right now I am leaning to Bayshore Beige by Benjamin Moore.  So many decisions! I know that some I will be happy with and some I will wish I had considered longer but I think I am going to make up my mind to be happy with this little house! It is such a blessing. I am thankful that my parents had the foresight to buy this farm back in 1954 and I hope it stays in the family for years to come.






9 comments:

Mildred said...

Great photo of you both. This is a lovely setting for your home and I love the view you have. This home had just been painted "eloquent ivory" on the interior and fortunately I like it! lol These are such exciting days for you - enjoy every minute! xo

Sandy said...

This is so exciting. That road is gorgeous and I am sure y'all are going to love it!!!
Y'all look great sitting there and you are adorable with your Matilda Jane top and pearls.
It will fun to see the process.

Mrs.T said...

Beautiful photos, Arlene! That is a great one of you and Marvin, and the ones of the pond and curving road are lovely. What a blessing for you to be able to build this getaway place. In my dreams, Mr. T and I will have one -- but I will be happy for you!

Elizabeth said...

I'm coming back to blogging after a year away and just got caught up on this project of yours. How exciting! We wish we had water on our property. Looking forward to watching the progress.

Terri D said...

This really is so exciting for you (and for us!). I'm very happy for you and I think putting your little cabin here will insure that it stays in the family for years to come! Please keep us in the loop and let us see the progress with you! Hugs.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all your sweet comments. I kind of feel like I am being a humble bragger but I am so thankful for this opportunity. I do hope this is a place where my children, grandchildren and future generations will find a little rest from the world.

Mari said...

I love hearing and seeing things as you progress here. It's such a beautiful property!

Heather said...

Your property is beautiful! I love that picture of the two of you; so cute! It's great to see the project moving along. There will be a house up before you know it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It gets to be overwhelming to make all the decisions...big and small! I see you have on your new top...the one with the ruffle on the bottom. It looks so cute! Hugs!