Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

On the Porch

I had some pictures texted to me this week from my Aunt Joyce. We both enjoy decorating for the holidays and she wins for getting her fall decor up before me! She is a busy lady so when she had a free weekend and a grandson who was available to help her get some things from storage, she went for it.   I asked if I could share some of her decorating on my blog and she sweetly gave her permission.


This year she did a Fall Tree on the enclosed porch.  She got the idea for this at Hobby Lobby.  I love that little owl peeking out from the middle of the tree.


My cousin, Holly, made the scarecrow. ( She cleverly makes these so there is a snowman on one side and a scarecrow on the other!)   I think he is very cute.

More porch decor...

Aunt Joyce also decorated inside while she was at it!

I love this corner of her kitchen!

She liked my white pumpkin so she decided to get one for her house this year. It looks so cute sitting on the leaves.

I may steal this idea of filling a bowl with some pumpkins!!

And her mantle is pretty with the lanterns and pumpkins.

Hope you enjoyed visiting my Aunt Joyce's house. I will ask her to send me some of  her Christmas decor. She goes all out for Christmas. ( And you wondered where I got it from???)  Thankful for an aunt who is just nine years older than me. She was more like a big sister than an aunt and I love her very much.

And I have to tell you that Leta and Bruce heard a racket out on their carport last night...A bear came to call! That might be a good name for a children's book....maybe I will write one!  Bruce said it was as tall as Leta's Toyota Rav.  So far they have just been visiting on the look out for food. With winter coming they are trying to get their tummies full before a long nap.

Have a blessed day friends.

9 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing her decorations. I love seeing what others do. I have been too busy to even think about that. I hope to share pictures of Lindsay's new house soon. They will be moving the rest of her furniture in this weekend and Tyler will officially be here as of Friday.
That would make a great title for a book. Visits from bears and cubs are quite common around here at certain times of the year. They visited our elementary school one year everyday. We had a code for the intercom when they were outside so we couldn't go out.

Mrs.T said...

How beautiful and inspiring your aunt's fall decor is! I am likely to hold off on my fall decorating until the first day of Fall or thereabouts. After that it will stay up until Thanksgiving.

Up here I have heard that the very dry conditions have meant less available food for the bears. So they are raiding bird feeders (which, according to most sensible people including our state fish & game officers, shouldn't even be up this time of year), garbage cans, and so on. It seems too that every year a bear or two will find its way into someone's kitchen through an unattended screen door, attracted by the scent of food.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the pretty colors of Autumn! What a beautiful mantle using a lot of different objects and then adding the fall leaves. Lots of great ideas here! Tell her thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Elizabeth said...

The wood paneling in your aunt's house house is beautiful! I bet it makes Christmas decorations really pop. Now I can't wait to see what you do for fall!

Heather said...

I love all of her fall decorations. So cute!
I am glad that the bear was not visiting by me. I would not have enjoyed that!

Barbara said...

I love the Autumn flowers in the tree. I think I'm beginning to like fall decorating even more than Christmas decorations. I've got to get busy - you girls are ahead of me.

Mari said...

Everything looks nice - very creative! I guess I'm going to be dragged into Fall - like it or not!

Terri D said...

What a pretty home and creative decor!! Yes, it must run in your family! Yikes on that big bear!!

Carol said...

Hard to believe fall is knocking on our doors already--love your aunt's decorating :)