It is a lazy Saturday morning and as I cannot think of a topic we will just roll down the stream in our inter tubes!!
1. Floss Tube....I seriously have an addiction. I never even watched you tube until my blog pal, Whitney at Come Home for Comfort, started doing an occasional VLOG. She introduced me to Mrs Erica and I found Samathome518 on my own. Then the Spinster Stitcher did a blog about Floss Tube. And I was hooked. I have to say that Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher is my favorite Floss Tuber. She shares her projects and also does tutorials. Yesterday I had to tell myself that I could not watch Floss Tube until my chores were done!! Going into my second childhood!
2. Books...Ok, I thought I got a good book when I picked up Katherine Hall Page's A Body in the Wardrobe. If you are planning a trip to Savannah this is a good one to read because it seemed more like a tourist guide than a cozy mystery. And sorry Ms Page but you sure over did the Southernisms. If you do want to read a good cozy by Ms Page, try The Body in the Belfry. That was her first book featuring New England Caterer, Faith Fairchild. Faith needs to stay in New England in my opinion. I am also reading another Sharyn McCrumb book, The Ballad of Frankie Silver. This is interesting to me because she is the ancestor of one of my first cousins! How about that?? If you really want to know what the people of the Appalachia are like, read Ms McCrumbs books...she is spot on.
3. I heard one of the Floss Tubers remark that blogs are changing and not so popular so people are moving to VLOGS. Girls, please promise me that you will keep blogging. I love all my blog friends and I have seen many come and go but I encourage everyone to keep our little community alive.
4. We are all anxious for Fall here in the South but our Northern friends are hoping for a little more summer. I understand that. I admire all of you for coping with those long winter days in the frozen north. Our winter would seem very mild to you I am sure. My aunt is already decorating for fall. I will share some of her decor next week. I am going to put out a little at a time this year. And I admit that I was looking at Pinterest the other day...hoping to see some new ideas.
5. The Olympics are coming to an end. I did not watch a lot of the events but I have kept up with all the news. I was very disappointed that our swim team brought reproach on our country. Those kinds of antics make people believe in the Ugly Americans. When I watch HGTV's International House Hunters, I often hear the Americans complaining about lack of space, amenities etc. I want to tell them"Hey, if you wanted all that you should have stayed in America!!"
6. While watching the Olympics I did see some promos for the new fall programs. Am I getting old? I was appalled at what goes for humor these days. And that is why I like to watch the British TV shows!!
7. Well I am off to the Soccer Field this morning so unless I am planning to wear my pjs I better get dressed!! Have a wonderful weekend friends.