Followers

Saturday, August 20, 2016

The Stream

It is a lazy Saturday morning and as I cannot think of a topic we will just roll down the stream in our inter tubes!!

1. Floss Tube....I seriously have an addiction. I never even watched you tube until my blog pal, Whitney at Come Home for Comfort, started doing an occasional  VLOG.  She introduced me to Mrs Erica and I found Samathome518  on my own.  Then the Spinster Stitcher did a blog about Floss Tube. And I was hooked. I have to say that Vonna at The Twisted Stitcher is my favorite Floss Tuber. She shares her projects and also does tutorials.  Yesterday I had to tell myself that I could not watch Floss Tube until my chores were done!! Going into my second childhood!

2. Books...Ok, I thought I got a good book when I picked up Katherine Hall Page's A Body in the Wardrobe.  If you are planning a trip to Savannah this is a good one to read because it seemed more like a tourist guide than a cozy mystery. And sorry Ms Page but you sure over did the Southernisms. If you do want to read a good cozy by Ms Page, try The Body in the Belfry. That was her first book featuring New England Caterer, Faith Fairchild.  Faith needs to stay in New England in my opinion. I am also reading another Sharyn McCrumb book, The Ballad of Frankie Silver. This is interesting to me because she is the ancestor of one of my first cousins! How about that??  If you really want to know what the people of the Appalachia are like, read Ms McCrumbs books...she is spot on.

3. I heard one of the Floss Tubers remark that blogs are changing and not so popular so people are moving to VLOGS. Girls, please promise me that you will keep blogging.  I love all my blog friends and I have seen many come and go but I encourage everyone to keep our little community alive.

4. We are all anxious for Fall here in the South but our Northern friends are hoping for a little more summer. I understand that. I admire all of you for coping with those long winter days in the frozen north. Our winter would seem very mild to you I am sure.  My aunt is already decorating for fall. I will share some of her decor next week.  I am going to put out a little at a time this year. And  I admit that I was looking at Pinterest the other day...hoping to see some new ideas.

5. The Olympics are coming to an end. I did not watch a lot of the events but I have kept up with all the news. I was very disappointed that our swim team brought reproach on our country. Those kinds of antics make people believe in the Ugly Americans.  When I watch HGTV's International House Hunters, I often hear the Americans complaining about lack of space, amenities etc. I want to tell them"Hey, if you wanted all that you should have stayed in America!!"

6. While watching the Olympics I did see some promos for the new fall programs. Am I getting old? I was appalled at what goes for humor these days.  And that is why I like to watch the British TV shows!!

7. Well I am off to the Soccer Field this morning so unless I am planning to wear my pjs I better get dressed!! Have a wonderful weekend friends.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

I checked out The Twisted Stitcher. I think I will have to tell myself to finish my chores as well before I tune it.
Reading is just giving me trouble lately too. More about what I have been reading later:)
I still love blogs more than any of the other things out there. I love a good tutorial, but I am perfectly fine with the written explanation with good pictures. I guess there are those that would say we are behind the times with the blogs. I love the community and real life. I think too many are drawn in by the allure of making money or making it perfect and forget what drew us all to them years ago.
I have watched the Olympics most every night and have loved it. I always like them and it has certainly been a reprieve from politics. There is not a lot that draws me these days. Hubby controls the TV and we just don't agree about what to watch, so I stitch or read to entertain myself.
Have a fun weekend.

Heather said...

I don't think I would ever switch to a vlog. That doesn't sound like me! I may be in the north, but I am so ready for fall. It is my favorite season! I didn't watch much of the olympics either, but I, too, was disappointed in those swimmers. I have watched many am episode of international house hunters and said the same thing to the tv! Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

I have to admit I have no clue what Floss Tubing is!! Louis Dean loves You Tube and plays along with the greats on it! Marty Robbins, George Jones, etc.
I will have to check it out. Not that I need any more addictions!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy I do like Twisted Stitchers tutorials because I am a visual learner. I have to see it with my eyeballs.lol. I agree with you on blogging. It is more like a round robin letter among friends...the simpler the better. And I am thinking of getting some wireless ear plugs so I can watch my you tube while hubs watches sports. Heather. I will be here as long as I have a computer and have the brains to type.lol I hope you will share some f the new things at Micheals on your blog. We do not have one here...we have to drive to Huntsville. I love to see what is new in the craft world. I wish HGTV would go back to their roots and show us more craft shows. Linda, Floss Tube is mainly for cross stitchers and you know that spoke to me. I am going to have to discipline myself about watching it!!

Terri D said...

I'll not be switching to Vlogs, so you can count on me being here. Our DiL is into making Vlogs and she even does animations in hers. I don't have that much extra time. I so agree with your #5. Sometimes those house hunters are SO vain and ridiculous. We watch British TV most of the time these days. They have so many great mysteries and dramas.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I am glad to hear you are staying true to Blogs!! I will be right there with you...when everyone else stops, you and I will keep reading and commenting.

Mari said...

No Vlog for me either!
I've been watching some of the Olympics and was also disappointed in the swimmers. It gives Americans a bad name!
Count me in on the Northerners who aren't ready for summer to end. However - today it's feeling a little "fallish",