Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

When I Am Not Stitching, I am Reading!

Ok, I admit, I have been a bit of a slug over the weekend!!  Isn't that what weekends are for?

Because of a lawsuit brought against Ebooks, I had a little credit in my Amazon account.  So I ordered two books I had been wanting to read.  One was

I was surprised at what  big book this was...Susan's previous books have been smaller but she went all out on this one.  She tells the story of her running away from California and a failed marriage to a place where there was seasons. Well she got seasons and a whole lot more on the island she called home. In this book, we see Susan begin her journey as an artist and author. As usual we see lovely illustrations and there are some nice recipes included as well.  My favorite part of the book is at the end when the dastardly Cliff comes to woe Susan back and she tells him off! In a nice way of course.

The other book was...

My blog friend, Ginny at Small Things, recommended this book. It is a small book with a powerful message. All my life I have been a worrier. I am a Believer. I know God is in control but I let anxiety have its way with me and I am not proud of that.  This little book is one of the best I have read about refusing to listen to that little voice in my head that says, What IF????


After my drought of good books, I really enjoyed both of these.


6 comments:

Sandy said...

I am glad you found a good book. I am leaving a dud here at he motel. I picked up one the other day mostly because of the title. It was called A Spool of Blue Thread. I just can't get into it, so I am leaving here for someone else to try. I will stitch today.

Heather said...

I love new books. Having a weekend to just sit and read sounds fantastic!

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy, I checked out that Anne Tyler book at the library and promptly took it back. Some of Anne Tyler's books i love and some are just so so and some are not my cup of tea. And where are you my friend...motel??? Heather it was a great weekend of resting and relaxing.

Terri D said...

I'm reading "On Folly Beach" by Karen White right now and am enjoying it very much. A credit at Amazon is always good!!

Mildred said...

I would enjoy both of these. Thanks!

Jedidja said...

I just now come back from fitness with my son and after that i'd visiting the library. I love to read and I like to see books in your blog :-)