Followers

Monday, September 26, 2016

Bag Lady

We are back home and while vacation is pleasant, home is best!  We took the time to unload all our luggage etc on Saturday afternoon. Marvin and I make it a point not to sit down until everything is put away.  We work pretty well as a team after 40 years together.

We were back in church yesterday and enjoyed seeing our friends, worshipping and studying the book of Ephesians. After  lunch with our friends, the Gosnells, we came home and crashed!!

Marvin is off to work this morning while I have a Raindrop massage and do errands.  A raindrop massage is an essential oil massage that  gets you ready for the cold and flu season.  I am hoping to build up my immunity! Flu has already been reported here in NoAla. So in spite of the summer like temps the flu bug is making the rounds.

I thought I would share some bags with you this morning. They were painted by my friend, Bess, who is an artist.  I could not resist getting one for myself and one for Amelia.

Amelia  loves ALL things flamingo so when I saw that Bess was painting these bags and selling them I had to get one for my girl. Amelia really liked it and who doesn't like a Happy gift?

Here is mine...complete with monogram. I plan to use it as my library bag.  I could not help but think of my blog friend, Linda, as I know she loves Sunflowers. She is an artist as well. If you check out Linda's Life Journal on my blog roll, you can see the pretty sunflower canvases she is doing right now.

I am glad to be back to blogging each day now. It is a big part of my life and when I do not blog for several days I truly miss it. Have a blessed day dear friends and like you, I am looking forward to some cooler temps this week. Maybe fall is here after all!

6 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's a lot of work to go on vacation. We take everything! lol LOVE these bags! And how special to have your monogram! Enjoy your day my friend. Hugs!

Sandy said...

I love your sunflower bag. Besides being a purse girl, I have quite an assortment of bags. I am sucker for a cute one, but I really do use them for all sorts of things.

Terri D said...

The bags and the art are GREAT! Your Raindrop massage sounds interesting and most likely is very relaxing! I got my flu shot last week, so hope I am somewhat protected as this flu season starts. Have a good week!

Arlene Grimm said...

Diane I am a BAG LADY for sure. Sandy...in addition to my addiction for purses, I love any kind of pretty bag. I have WAY too many. Terri my massage was wonderful. Here's hoping it boosts my immunity this winter.

Carol said...

Glad you had such a nice time away! And what great bags--the sunflower one will be perfect to hold your haul on library day!

Barbara said...

Those bags are sooo cute. I love initials and monograms. Your friend did a great job.