Followers

Friday, September 9, 2016

Cotton Picking Time in Alabama

Going to the Mennonite Grocery yesterday I got stuck in a Tractor Parade up Highway 55 in Falkville, Alabama. Three big John Deeres were plodding their way ahead of me so I got to stop and smell the roses on that country road.  There was no one behind me so I stopped to snap a picture of a cotton field.

One of the prettiest sights of fall for me is a white cotton field. They are getting harder to find around here as farm land is sold off and farmers are growing corn and soy beans.   A cotton field always makes me think of the Bible verse about the fields being white unto harvest.

And I have to share this picture I posted last year..

I think this is one of my favorite blog photos of all my years of blogging.

We are off to Chatsworth to check on the little house so I will not be posting until Sunday. But I will be back with some new pictures!  Have a wonderful weekend friends.

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That cotton field is just beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful weekend Arlene!! :)

Sandy said...

Absolutely nothing like a cotton field. Have fun this weekend.

Terri D said...

Great photos. I am always intrigued by cotton fields, since I grew up with corn and soybeans in all of our fields. No cotton in Ohio. I get goosebumps when I see billboards or signs in fields proclaiming Jesus as our Savior! That graffiti is a great catch! I hope it is still there and not cleaned off!

Can't wait to see photos of the progress on the "little house"!!! Have fun!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know you are excited to see the progress! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I love this. My grandmother graduated from Faulkville High School. Love that part of the state!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the comments Ladies. Falkville is a neat little town and the Mennonite Bakery near there is beyond compare. Leslie Anne, you have to go there and get a sandwich the next time you are in the area. And call me and I will meet your there!!