Followers

Monday, September 5, 2016

Forty Roses

When I walked into our sanctuary yesterday after Sunday School I saw a pretty floral arrangement at the front of the church. There had been a baby dedication first hour so I thought maybe that family had provided fresh flowers. But when I looked in my bulletin, it said the flowers were in honor of our 40th anniversary, given by my sweet husband! There were 40 yellow roses, one for each year of our marriage.

Yellow roses have a special meaning for us as Marvin gave me yellow roses( my favorite) for my Black Band at nursing school 41 years ago.  Black band is a special celebration of your final year in nursing school at my old nursing school.  Its a Big Deal.:) I carried yellow roses in my wedding bouquet on September 4, 1976.  So one rose for each year of marriage was such a sweet way to tell me Happy Anniversary.  Who says physicists are not romantic? Our youngest son says Physicists are romantic because they understand the laws of attraction!

Here they are in my living room.  Aren't they gorgeous??

We had a nice lunch at a special restaurant. Then we came home to visit with Ben and Katy.  I had purchased a Baby Alive Doll for Margaret for being such a trooper while she was sick and Margaret pestered her parents until they made a trip to Decatur.

Here she is, all recovered and loving her Baby Go Bye Bye.

I told Marvin that I had had the perfect day!  So thankful for all the blessings God has poured down on us in our 40 years together.

11 comments:

Sandy said...

He is a romantic for sure. Those roses are beautiful and 40 years is something to be very proud of. We almost have the same anniversary. Ours is the first. I bet you had a Labor Day wedding as well.
Glad Margaret is all better.
Happy Anniversary.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Sandy...we had a Labor Day Wedding and my little flower girl who was my cousin was four years old that day. So I always remember her age!! And yes, he is an old softie at heart!!

Mildred said...

Happy Anniversary. The roses are truly gorgeous. What a wonderful surprise and I like the meaning behind the yellow roses.
Cute photo of little Margaret.

Jan said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and enjoyed a great day. Happy Anniversary!

Mrs.T said...

Happy anniversary, Arlene and Marvin! 40 years is a real accomplishment these days. What a sweet, romantic surprise he gave you! Yellow roses are my favorite also.

Terri D said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate your love!! The flowers are just beautiful. Margaret is adorable and I'm glad she is feeling better! Cute baby doll... no little ones in our lives so I'm not up on baby dolls these days. Happy anniversary!!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

What a wonderful surprise! Big points are given for men who remember specific, meaningful flowers on specific, meaningful days! Congratulations to you both.

Anonymous said...

Baby Go Bye Bye is cute but not as cute as Margaret. She is a doll. Glad she feels better.
Marion

Mari said...

Happy Anniversary Arlene! The roses are so pretty and so very thoughtful of Marvin to do this. :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the sweet wishes Friends! We had a wonderful day that I will always remember.

Barbara said...

Absolutely gorgeous flowers. I love yellow roses.