Followers

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

MOPS craft

Friday at MOPs we made a cute bag out of a Tee Shirt.  This would be a great VBS craft or something to do with a young daughter or granddaughter. I am using my bag to keep my WIPs in...Works in Progress for those of you who do not watch Floss Tube.  I am thinking of making up several so I can switch out the things I am stitching on.

Here are some of my ladies at work. Take the tee shirt, cut out the sleeves leaving the seams intact. Taking a piece of chalk, draw a deep scoop on the neckline. When you are satisfied that it is even, cut that out.

You can see April cut her neck pretty big. she decided it was a little too big so next time she will do a scoop neck.

Then draw a line across the bottom of the tee shirt leaving about five inches below the line. Draw approximately one inch lines along the bottom of the shirt, stopping at your straight line. Cut the one inch pieces into fringe. Then tie the strips together.

Here is Mika with her finished shirt/bag. I think this would be one way to use children's tees that are out grown. They would make perfect diaper bags for the dollies.  My bag is a sapphire blue and it holds one cross stitch perfectly. I can put it away and then get it out when I am in the mood to stitch.  Our MOPs leaders come up with so many creative ideas. Lori says she purchased many of the tees at the Dollar Tree! And who doesn't have an old tee laying around the house that could be recycled? Being a crafter, my mind started buzzing with all the ways the shirts could be embellished! And if you do not like fringe, just cut the fringe short and turn the bag inside out. Easy Peasy!!

6 comments:

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

That looks like it was a fun day crafting and making the t-shirt bags!! Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Mrs.T said...

What a nice idea, Arlene! I have made tons of grocery bags out of recycled pillow cases, but they take much more machine sewing than this does. These small bags would be perfect for cross stitch or embroidery projects, wouldn't they? Thanks for sharing!

Cranberry Morning said...

First of all, I love the whole MOPS concept. What a great program! And secondly, cute idea for making a bag. I think I would turn mine inside out,eliminating the fringe. So cute!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies...as you can see I love my MOPs group. If any of you live in an area where there is a MOPs group, you should consider being a mentor. And I have learned quite a few new crafts from these ladies.

Mari said...

We did that in MOPS last year! It's a great way to use an old shirt, or you can buy them cheap at Goodwill.
PS - the photo on my blog today wasn't beehives. It's crates. They're used for pumpkins, squash, gourds or in this case onions!

Linda said...

I love these bags! I made one at the camper and use it when I go down to feed the animals or gather the eggs.