Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Potpourri

No not potpourri as in rose petals and lovely smells but rather potpourri  as on Jeopardy where one category is a bunch of leftovers! Being newly home from a week away, my brain is still adjusting and I cannot think of one topic to focus on!

Here is Miss Audrey wearing her I Drink Until I Pass Out shirt that her parents picked up for her in Gulf Shores this summer.   I am biased but isn't she a cutie? We have not seen her since June and this Nana is surely missing her Audrey Katherine.

My kitchen hutch with its pretty cards and Halloween decor.  My childhood friend, Linda, sent me the card with the dragon fly and I am thinking of cutting out the dragon fly and using it for a bookmark. It is so pretty!!

Here is the garden flag that will go out this weekend. I love jolly Jack O Lanterns. One of my new readers stated that she liked my happy Halloween decorations. I am not a fan of all the "dark" Halloween decor that features blood, ghouls etc.  I love happy things just like the candy corn eyes this jack is sporting.  Amelia and I were set to go paint next Thursday but she will be in Hawaii...so she will not be joining me. Can you imagine that? I will pick up her cut out and she can do it at home. I am going to be painting a candy corn...not sure how I am going to decorate it yet.

I mentioned I was going to the Cross Stitch Peddler yesterday. I picked up the materials to do the Prairie Schooler Nativity. Marlene helped me to pick out a darker color. I wanted the scene to appear to be at night.  And of course I could not leave with just one project.

I picked up the original Home of a Needleworker by Little House Needleworks as well as the Starry Night by P Schooler. Marlene, the owner of Cross Stitch Peddler, had worked up several of the starry night pieces and had them finished as Christmas ornaments.   The three Kings is my favorite.  I also picked up two needle minders. After debating about whether I liked them or not, I am finding them very helpful in keeping my needle from wandering to the sofa cushions or onto the floor.

So today I will do some stitching. I am also going to look for some pumpkins and mums for the front porch. Impatiens will be pulled up and fresh mulch put down so that my front entry will be looking more fall like! And today it will be cooler so I am a happy camper!! Have a blessed day Friends.

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Yes, Audrey is adorable. I love that Nativity and the others. Can't wait to them finished. I wish you would send some of that cool air here. The thermometer says the temps have dropped, but it so humid and sultry that I can't stand it. Little worried about that with that storm lurking out there. We need to get some cool air in here soon!

Mrs.T said...

Thankful for the cooler air here in New England! Loved seeing the cross stitch project charts and all that yummy floss. Think my cross stitch enthusiasm may be coming back as I find myself wanting to start a new project. But there is that "Snow Angels" UFO ... I did stitch on that a bit while we were away.

And that Audrey ... oh, she is so sweet. Just a beautiful little girl. I love her expressions.

Carol said...

Oh, she is just adorable!! I sure hope I get lucky enough to be a grandma some day :)

Love the new PS charts and the nativity will look so lovely on that fabric--enjoy!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

That baby needs a hug! Dive in and get it! Make sure you show us what you end up painting.

Mildred said...

Audrey is precious. I am excited about your new cross stitch projects. It is a little cooler here today. We are able to get out in the yard a little in late afternoon.

Terri D said...

Like everyone else, I do think Audrey is adorable! It does take some time to get back in the groove when you have been away, even for a week. Looks like you found lots of goodies at your cross stitch store! I also like the happy Halloween decorations, rather than the ghoulish ones.

Jedidja said...

Sweet little girl. Love also her cute shirt.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Arlene, Audrey is so cute and adorable. I love you fall decor and have fun with shopping for mums and pumpkins. Enjoy the weekend. Julie xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Y'all are so sweet....hopefully we can see Miss Audrey in a week or so. She will not have any sugar left after Nana gets done kissing her. And I am going to have to go to rehab for the people who purchase more Cross Stitch patterns than they will ever do! I am going to have to get myself under control.:)

Barbara said...

I agree. She is so cute. I haven't put out any Halloween yet. I don't know when the Grand Girls will be coming to visit and it is just a bummer to decorate without them.