Followers

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Red White and Blue Parfait


It was my turn to bring snacks to our Sunday School Class so I whipped up these individual parfaits. I found the cute little disposable spoons at The Dollar Tree.  I got this recipe from one of my favorite moms at MOPs. And while it sounds like a patriotic dessert it is delicious for any occasion.

Here is the recipe...

Topping....2 cups crushed pretzels  1/2 c butter 1/2c sugar. Melt the butter and sugar over low heat on the top of the stove.  While this is melting...prepare a 13 by 9 pan with parchment paper or foil. ( Do not use a cookie sheet as this burns easily.) When butter sugar mixture is melted, place pretzels in prepared pan and pour sugar/butter mixture over the top. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. When it is done, allow to cool in pan, then break apart. Store in air tight container.

Parfait....8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 12 oz Kool Whip...mix together. ( I might use powdered sugar next time!) Add 3 cups of fresh sliced strawberries and 1 cup of blueberries. Stir to mix and store in fridge over night.

To assemble spoon the parfait into a small dish and top with pretzel topping.

This pretzel topping would be good on its own on top of ice cream or yogurt. Or you can do like my husband and eat it straight out of the container. Hey leave some for my parfait Buddy!:)

I am thinking of making this a tropical parfait next time. I might do pineapple and mandarin oranges with a bit of flaked coconut added to the pretzel topping. I think that sounds yummy.

I am off to have coffee with my friend, Maggie, so posting my blog this evening. Thanks for all the sweet comments on my cross stitch finishes!! You are the best!

4 comments:

Mildred said...

Hope you and Maggie have an enjoyable morning. The parfait sounds delicious. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

This parfait is right up my alley with both salty and sweet to enjoy! Hope you have a fun time with your friend!

Terri D said...

Hope you had a nice visit with your friend. That dessert sounds yummy and I like the tropical idea too! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Mari said...

Yum! These sound wonderful!