Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

The Boys

I said I would not post much this week but I am up early and I have some pictures to share.  It seems I am always posting pictures of the girl grands so today is Boys Day. Thanks to Amelia and Katy for sending me these pictures.

Landon and his friend at the Soccer Tournament.  Landon is turning into quite the sportsman.

Katy sent me this early morning picture of Baylor...having his biscuit and sausage before school. He also has his little soft toy that he enjoys.

And here is Elliott asleep in his big boy bed. He has only fallen out one time!!  This bed has an interesting history, it was once in the officers quarters at Redstone Arsenal.  I love furniture with a story.

Marvin and I went to see the movie, Sully, last night. I highly recommend it to all of you. I had tears in my eyes as I watched several scenes.  I told Marvin, it makes you proud to be an American. Not only did Captain Sullenberger do an amazing job at landing that plane in the water, the boats on the Hudson River that came to help were incredible. They had the passengers from the plane wings and rafts in 24 minutes. That is the difference between life and death in the frigid temperature of that January day.   Tom Hanks was terrific as usual and Aaron Eckhart as his co pilot really did a nice job of acting as well.  Laura Linney plays Mrs Sullenberger. I kept wondering who that actress was...she was familiar but I could not place her. I looked her up online the minute I got home. When Marvin asked who she was, I told him, "She's the woman who used to say, This is Masterpiece Theater." I knew he would not know any of the movies she had acted in on the big screen.

Well time to head to the beach....then dinner at Cosmo's our favorite place in Orange Beach.  Have a good day Friends.

10 comments:

Terri D said...

For some reason, Joe says he isn't interested in seeing Sully and I don't want to go by myself. I'm sure it will be on Netflix in a few months and we will see it then. Landon is so cute and getting so big! Baylor looks happy and Elliott looks so tiny in that big boy bed! Have fun today and enjoy your meal tonight!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Such sweet photos! And we are hoping to see that movie too. I've heard so many good reviews! Have FUN at the beach my friend. Wish I was there! HUGS!

Mrs R said...

Wow - Landon has grown up so much! Baylor and Elliot are still littles - whew! I am looking forward to the Sully movie. Anything with Tom Hanks in it is usually good.

Linda said...

We loved that movie, too! Louis Dean wanted us to see it together so we did!
Ah, your grandsons are adorable!!!!
I am so happy to hear you are having such a good time at the beach! I had planned a beach trip to Florida this year but it fell through. However.....Amber will be competing in a Synchronized Swimming Masters competition next October in Florida so we are all systems GO in planning that trip to support her and have a beach trip to remember at the same time!
You are having such a good time.....but you knew you would!!!

Barbara said...

Look at his big boy bed. We are always glaming up little girl rooms but I also love the look of a little boy's bedding. I grew up in a family of girls so boy things always interest me as something new and different.

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I am going to purchase this movie when it comes out on DVD...it is that good. Diane, this has been a great week at the beach. Mrs R, all my grands are growing up on me. When I look at Kendall, I can almost see a teenager. Linda, Marvin found the times for the movie and suggested it himself, he never does that...it was like a date night!:) If you ever come to Alabama to see your sister, please let me know. I would love to meet you in person. Barbara, I grew up with all girls as well so when I had boys, it was a learning curve. That Elliott is such a snuggle bunny...

Jedidja said...

Sweet! I love your boys.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Such sweet boys! I know they must adore you. Hope you are having fun at the beach, and if you venture up to Fairhope, give me a shout!

Summer said...

They are just too cute! Nice photos ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Arlene Grimm said...

Jedidja, you are so sweet. Leslie Anne, Sandy and I are already planning a trip to Fairhope next September just to meet up with you!! Summer, thanks for visiting. I love meeting new blog friends.