Followers

Monday, October 24, 2016

An Illustrated Stream

We had a lovely weekend. It was nice to be at home, puttering around, watching Bama Roll over Texas A and M and visiting the Madison campus of First Bible Church for Sunday Service.   Wade out into the stream with me this morning...


Ben and Katy had a much deserved date night as their church( Shades Mountain Baptist in Bham) held a Parents Night Out for parents of Special Needs children. What a ministry this church has in this area.  And Katy texted me that last night Baylor said his first sentence. They were at the dinner table and he said, "I eat!". Now I know that seems rather simple but for Baylor it was an accomplishment that was met with cheers all round the table.  His new therapist along with the Gemini speech therapy seems to be breaking through! Thanks again for all of you who pray for Baylor...keep those prayers going up.


This little doll was out and about Friday evening with her parents. Unfortunately she ended up at the doctor's office on Saturday morning with croup.  It is that croupy time of year. 


I spent Saturday working on this little Gingerbread cottage by Little House Needleworks. The roof called for french knots. Well I decided that I would re work the pattern and just do cross stitch adornment and I like it so much better. French knots are too unpredictable for me.

We found a farm table for the little house. We purchased this five foot table but left the chairs at the store. The man who made the table works at Trinity Mountain Antiques and he is going to make two matching benches for me. They will slide under the table when not in use so that is a space saver for sure.  We will be looking for two chairs for the end of the table that can do double duty as extra seating. I love the red color of the base of the table. The top is poplar. It is in my garage, waiting to go to its new home.

The same craftsman made this piece that might work as a coffee bar/storage.  He told me that if this piece is too big, he can make a smaller one!! 

And finally a picture of our sweet and nerdy girl. Kendall, dressed for a costume party.


She decided to go as Rae from the last Star Wars movie.  Landon will be Luke Skywalker this Halloween.  One week from today and the spooks will be upon us. Better get some candy to serve them!

Well that is all I have for today. I hope everyone is enjoying some of the  beautiful fall weather that is finally here in NoAla. Have a blessed day bloggie friends.

13 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Morning, It is wonderful to see Ben and Katy and I'm so thankful they enjoyed date night. Katy always has the most beautiful smile! Great news about Baylor, too. He is in my prayers.
I love the table you found and benches are the way to go! What an exciting time for you!
Have a great Monday.
p.s. love the little ginger cottage cross stitch

Summer said...

Nice photos. I love your gingerbread project ♥

Tina said...

Love both the table and your gingerbread house! And I know what you mean about french knots...I would have done just what you did and it looks great! Have a great day!

Sandy said...

I just had to stop and say a prayer of thanksgiving for Baylor. That is AWESOME!
I hate French knots too. It is so hard when multiple ones are lined up like that to make them all the same. I would have restyled it as well. Looks great. That farmhouse is getting closer!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the kind words ladies. We were so excited that Baylor used two words together. When you have a child with special needs every good step is a time of rejoicing!! I love my little gingerbread house too...so glad I did not do the french knots...they are a pain!!lol

Arlene Grimm said...

Sandy you are so right about those awful french knots. I avoid them if possible. I had to use them on the little man who stand by the house and they look ok but I could not add stitches to make it look better. And congrats on the Auburn win!! We were biting our nails in the first half of the Bama/A and M game!!

Terri D said...

The table if beautiful and your idea to do benches is perfect! I also like the shelves (coffee/storage). Your new "little house" will be adorable! Cute photos of the kiddos! Kendall is growing up way too fast! Congrats on Baylor's progress!! Prayers will continue!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I am humbled by the prayers of my blog buddies for our Baylor. Thank you so much!! That is wh I like to report any progress so you all know you are a part of the progress.

Katie Clooney said...

Arlene... what a wonderful ministry to have in a church. So glad that the darling parents got out for a little fun. Your grandchildren are darling. That croup thing is not fun, that's for sure. Love your new table and the shelves. Have a wonderful week.

Mari said...

Best post of the day! Great news on Baylor!
I love your table and the coffee bar too. It's going to be perfect in your new home.

Arlene Grimm said...

Katie, I am so glad that Ben and Katy are able to attend church due to Baylor having a "buddy" who goes with him to Sunday School. If it were not for this ministry, the whole family could not attend church together. They do so much for the special needs families. Mari, I made your two timing pasta again last night. It is one of my favorites. I keep the simple ingredients in my pantry as it is a good one to take to someone who needs a casserole. I always think of you when I make it. Thanks again for your care and concern for Baylor.

Mrs.T said...

What wonderful news that Baylor has spoken a sentence! God is SO good. Rejoicing with you all!

And so many other fun photos in this post ... the stream is even more fun when illustrated! I love the furniture you are finding for the little house ... Kendall's fun costume ... that adorable Audrey! Oh, and your gingerbread house. Great idea to use cross stitches instead of the french knots. I enjoy making french knots but they can be very uneven. For this design I think the cross stitches look much nicer.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, keep those prayers going up for our boy. I know you are one of our prayer warriors. I had to do French knots on the Ginger bread boy and they turned out ok, just not my strong suit.