Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

We have Doors!

We now have doors at the little house....Mildred says if I want a red front door, get that paint brush out and prepare to put on many coats!!

Windows are in as well so hoping the siding and the metal roof will go on soon. Our contractor has warned us that it will go fast until it is time to do the inside and things will slow down. I look forward to seeing everything in person this weekend.

Here in Nanaland I have been working on some bibs for sis in law, Lanier. She saw the ones I did for new niece, Ella, and asked if I would do three for her baby grands that visit her house often.

Mae and Jeff are Lanier's youngest grand babies. They just turned six months old so these bibs will come in handy in the days ahead as they start eating solid food.  Jeff is a junior and is called Buddy by his parents.

Sallie is older so she got some big girl fairies.  She is Sarah Morel Curry...but she is  called Sallie as her mama is Sarah. Actually Sarah is the name of one of our Crane ancestors and she was called Sallie. It is neat to see the old names going on into the 21st century.

Well today is cleaning day here at Nanaland so I will have to put the stitching aside and get busy with my housework. I am also trying a new recipe for Crock Pot Potato Soup.  With the temps getting a tad cooler, it is time to haul out the crockpot!  And Dinner is ready with little fuss after a day of cleaning house!

5 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Wow, what great progress on the little house! It is really looking nice. So exciting!

The bibs are beautiful also. You do such amazing work.

Happy cleaning!

Sandy said...

It is getting real now and exciting. Those bibs are cute too.

Terri D said...

Crockpot meals are just the best!! Your little house looks GREAT!! It really is going up fast! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see more pictures from this weekend!

Mildred said...

I learned something at the paint store yesterday. I was telling the "paint" guy about our red door. He said perhaps our painter should have used a white base coat over the gray (factory primed) door. Now he tells us! lol
I used to cross stitch a lot of bibs and hand towels as gifts. I know your works of heart will be greatly treasured.
Have a good evening.

Mari said...

It's really coming along! We had red doors for a while and it only took 2 coats. :)
You are always working on something - those bibs are sweet!