Followers

Monday, October 31, 2016

Little House Update

This was our view as we drove up to the house. Siding is going on!!

Marvin says Hey!( We always like to laugh at the expression on Andy Griffith, "Goober says hey".

Looking from the kitchen to the living room.

Doors to the Bedrooms on the left.

View from the side door.

View from the living room window.

Sitting on the porch! It will be nicer when we have rocking chairs and a swing.

The sun shining through the leaves Friday afternoon.

And I had to share this picture of Audrey meeting her cousin, Liam. Liam is the grandson of my late cousin, Pam. How I wish we could have shared this moment together.

Don't forget that my November Giveaway is tomorrow. Come by and leave a comment. I will draw the winner on Thursday.

We had a good trip. We got the wood cleaned for the fireplace. Hopefully  I will have a picture of it to share soon.  The drywall will be mudded and sanded this week. Flooring will be next...then the finishing touches.  We are really looking forward to having our little house completed.

Happy Halloween. I am off to buy some candy for this evening. I am hoping I am not tempted to eat it myself!!

8 comments:

Sandy said...

It is really coming together and the views are great. You reminded me I need to get some candy. We have so few on our street, so I am lucky compared to some. My plan is to purchase a bag of candy I don't like so there will be NO temptation today or tomorrow.

Mildred said...

Happy Halloween! Love your home and the view! Your floor plan is very similar to ours. I know you are counting the days now to see it completed. Very exciting! You should at least eat one piece of your fav candy!

Summer said...

Such a beautiful view from the side door ♥

Mrs.T said...

Wow, Arlene! It is really coming along! Looking great! It's always so neat when the drywall goes up and you can see in 3-D what the rooms will look like. Love the siding to -- and tell Marvin that "Mrs. T says hey!"

Carol said...

The setting for your little house looks just perfect, Arlene!! So tranquil and peaceful. You will have many happy hours sitting on that pretty porch :)

Happy Halloween--don't eat too much candy :)

Arlene Grimm said...

Well we had quite a few trick or treaters so my candy was pretty much gone by 8 pm. No temptation to eat it. :) Thanks for all the kind words friends. Summer, I love that view too but believe it or not, our septic tank bubble is visible near by, rather ruins the ambiance. :)

Mari said...

The house is looking good! I love, love, love your views!

Terri D said...

Your "little house" looks BIG in these photos! What a beautiful location and how wonderful it will be to share peaceful times with family and friends there!! Thanks for sharing the progress!