Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2016

My October World


 This image popped up on my Facebook feed this morning and I had to share it here.  October 1st! How did we get to October so quickly?  October is one of my favorite months. The beautiful trees, pumpkins and mums galore, fall festivals and trips to the pumpkin patch make it a glorious time of the year.   And speaking of October...here is my October giveaway.

This cute little Trick or Treat sign I found at Hobby Lobby. it is the perfect addition to a bookshelf or it could sit by the bowl of treats you have prepared for any little ones who might drop by this month. I always keep a treat bowl at my house for the grands.   When Baylor visits I have to move it to a high shelf as that boy would eat every piece of candy available.  Right now my treats are in my Peterboro basket with a friendly ghost as decoration.  So leave a comment and if you live in the continental US, your name will go into the drawing. I will pick a winner on Tuesday to give everyone time to comment.

And at the little house...

Trusses went in as planned.

Mont, our contractor, has assured us that the work will begin on Monday putting on the roof and by the time we see it next Saturday it will look more like a house!

On the cross stitch front...

I put in the last stitch last night. Now I can work on my nativity along with finishing up some bibs and a Christmas ornament for Audrey.  Today I am hoping to "finish" two projects so that one can be mailed to a friend and one will be on display here in my home.

Have a great weekend friends and leave a comment to win my October Treat.

7 comments:

Mildred said...

Good Morning and Happy October. I love that fb photo. How fun to see your little house taking shape. It sure is in a lovely location. How kind of family members to record the house taking shape with photos. Mont has had some delightful weather the past few days to work.
I'd love to be entered in your giveaway. Thanks again for the opportunity. I love your latest cross stitch and look forward to you sharing future projects.

Karen said...

Your cross stitch project is lovely. Happy October to you!

Terri D said...

I'm so excited for your roof going on!! The building really seems to be going so much faster now! The very cute Trick or Treat sign makes a great give-away!! I just won a couple of months ago, so give some of your other readers a chance and leave my name out this time. Good luck!

Sue B said...

Such a cute sign. I love seeing your cross stitch projects. It makes me want to start again.

sharon said...

October is a beautiful month in Alabama. This week is fall break and I know all my grands will enjoy it and I will love having my school to myself to get some much needed work done! Since I am new to your blog I have to ask if you plan to move to your new house or is it a vacation home. I can't wait to see it completed!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for all the comments sweet friends!! Sharon our little house is a vacation home in north Ga about three hours from our home in Decatur. I see you are from Alabama too!! Thanks for dropping by!! Sue B...I am really enjoying my cross stitch once more. So calming.Terri you and Mildred are so kind to let someone else win this month!! Karen, Happy October to you too. It is one of my favorite months.

Tina said...

I'm amazed at how quickly your little house is coming along! It's going to be just lovely! The little sign is so cute, thanks for the opportunity to win it! I love October too...I think everyone is ready for the cooler temperatures for sure!