Followers

Monday, October 3, 2016

October Finishes

I celebrated the first weekend in October by doing two finishes on my recent cross stitch pieces.

Be Ever Thankful will be going to my friend, Cindy, in Texas.  She saw the piece I did for our mutual friend, Maggie, and she offered to pay me to do a piece for her.   Hey I just enjoy stitching and I was glad to do a small piece for her. Now that I have learned to finish some on my own, I enjoy the creative process.

The other one did not turn out as well as I had hoped. I had a hard time getting it to lay flat and to keep the edges neat. I think I am going to have to break down and learn to use an exacto knife to get those sharp edges on cardboard backing. Oh well...it is still a learning process.


The piece I finished the other day with Santa on it will go to the framer. And I am working on a  nativity piece that will also be framed. I think I do best on smaller pieces. I need to watch Vonna( The Twisted Stitcher) on You Tube again. Her tutorials are so good.

I would like to ask all my prayer warriors to lift up my friend, Linda, tomorrow. Linda is my fourth cousin and we have been friends since we were little girls. I was in her wedding 41 years ago and she was in my wedding a year later.  Her husband, Kenneth, passed away suddenly on Saturday after suffering a heart attack  He was just 62.  His funeral will be tomorrow in Chatsworth and I will not be able to attend but I will be lifting up prayers for comfort and peace. Just another reminder that none of us know what the next moment will bring.

Don't forget to leave a comment to enter my October give away...I will post the winner tomorrow!

8 comments:

Mildred said...

May the Lord bless Linda. So sorry for her loss.

Your cross stitch pieces are adorable. I love your patterns.

Kinda cool here this a.m. I've been out walking the dog already!

Sandy said...

I am so sorry to hear about Linda's husband. That is very tough. A teacher at the school where my husband was the principal at one time and now my son works had a 61 year old teacher have a major stoke in the classroom last week and die. The kids are taking it hard. He was one of those happy happy very fun loving teachers. Never know when you number is up.

I love your cross stitch finishes. The one you think is not perfect is great. We are always harder on ourselves.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the prayers friends. I sure do wish I could be there but I have the grands this week. Oh Sandy...how sad for those children to see that, they will never forget it. Thanks for the sweet words on my cross stitch...One day I will perfect it.

Tina said...

Praying for Linda, it is so hard to lose a spouse and so unexpectedly too. I love the finishes on your cross stitch projects...I kept scrolling up and down to figure out which one you were talking about that didn't turn out because they both look great to me! Have a great week with your grandkids!

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I'm so sorry to hear of anyone's sudden death. We always like to think we have time to prepare, but we never know.

Cranberry Morning said...

I am so sorry for your friend Linda. I have a friend who recently lost her husband of 45 years. He was 65. It was sudden, as this was. As you said, we never know. I will say a prayer for your friend Linda.

The stitching looks beautiful. I especially like the one about being thankful. Gratitude changes our lives. God is so gracious and regardless of our problems, there are so many things and people for which to be thankful.

Mrs.T said...

I will certainly be praying for Linda. Sudden loss is so very very hard, especially when it is a spouse or a child.

You did a beautiful job on your finishes! I don't see any imperfections at all. "Be Ever Thankful" is my favorite. Love it. As Judy said above, gratitude changes our lives and perspective.

Mari said...

You've been so productive with your cross stitch!
Sorry to hear about your friend and I'll pray for her.