Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Great Smoky Mountains

I took another Arm Chair trip this week thanks to my friend, Pam Calvert.  Pam is the sister of my friend, Deborah.   Deborah is one of five girls in her family then number six came along and finally a Son, or as Deborah laughingly calls him, The Only Child.   ( I grew up with two sisters and my dad wanted my mother to try one more time....she told him most likely he would have another girl so he let go of that dream! However he did get two grandsons that made him very happy.)

Last weekend Deborah and three of her sisters, treated their mama, Miss Martha, to a little weekend getaway.  Up the road they headed to the Smokies.  We are very fortunate in our geographic location. We can enjoy the beach and the mountains! Both are about five or six hours away. When I was growing up in NoGA, the only vacation that I can remember was a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains. My parents went on their honeymoon to Gatlinburg.  The Smoky Mountains are quite a sight and at this time of the year, they are in their glory.

Pam took some gorgeous pictures and it was  hard to pick just a few to share with you but here goes.

This just speaks to me...wish I had my camera and my grands there to get some photos.

Nothing like the sound of a rushing mountain stream.

This makes me think of all the Bible Verses that extol God as the Creator of the World we enjoy. He gave us such beauty to behold.
And this is why they call them the Smoky Mountains....

Thanks Pam for allowing me to share these beautiful pictures here on the blog. You have a real talent for catching just the perfect shot.  Be sure and come back on Monday for my MOPs post. We had a great time and made something really cute. Have a good weekend friends.

6 comments:

Terri D said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos! Wow.

Mildred said...

These photos sum up why I love Autumn and the mountains!

Gina said...

Arlene, the pictures are gorgeous! And the size of those mums is whoa - huge! ♥

Carol said...

Those are such lovely photos that Pam shared--I really must make a point to visit the Smoky Mountains some day!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Doesn't it make you want to head for the mountains??

Mrs.T said...

I have always wanted to visit the Great Smoky Mountains. Maybe when my hubby retires ... Thanks for sharing these gorgeous photos that Pam took.