Followers

Monday, October 10, 2016

The Weekend

First I have to show a picture of my Candy Corn Door Hanger with its bow...really added to the finished product!

I just love black and white ribbon...it goes with everything. I will be buying some more spools of it when it goes on sale again at Hobby Lobby.

We arrived in North Georgia Friday evening in time to take a tour of the little house before it got dark!!

Green roof is on!! The siding will be khaki with white trim.  Our contractor says we should be able to stay there at Christmas!

On Saturday we enjoyed some family time with the Hendersons. And I failed to even get my camera out as I was too busy talking!:) Sister Kristi got some for me. Of course the family member i was most happy to see was baby Audrey.

Well i liked seeing her daddy too!! Audrey loved the beanie baby white tiger that Nana got for her.

Grandpa got some loving in too!!

Love this one of me and Audrey.

What a cutie!!

I did take a picture of Grassy Mountain on Saturday morning. It was just a beautiful day and the mountains in the clouds were spectacular.

I always like Sunshine and Shadows in a picture.

I did make choices for my cabinets, countertops etc....I just hope it all comes out as I am picturing it in my mind. I am not good at looking at plans, etc. I picked out a sage green shaker cabinet with a black countertop that the cabinet maker suggested. I figure I am paying these people for their expertise so I should listen to their suggestions. Hoping I made the right choice. But as I told my sister, I am determined to like it no matter what!!


9 comments:

Mildred said...

Audrey is adorable and growing fast! Oh, how exciting to see the progress on your little house. Your choices for the kitchen will be lovely. Hope you have a very nice Monday.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is a beautiful setting for your cabin. And I love the happy family pics too. I mentioned you on my blog this morning! Sweet hugs, Diane

Mrs.T said...

What a weekend full of blessings, Arlene! That Audrey is just the cutest! And your house ... coming along so nicely. Your plans for the kitchen sound very nice. And to think you could stay there at Christmas! I am just so very happy for you.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred, we are getting very excited just thinking of times in NoGA. Diane, those lamps are amazing aren't they? Mrs T, I agree about Audrey!! She is a cutie patootie.

Terri D said...

Audrey is beyond adorable and you can sure tell she loves her grandma!! Look at that face!!

Your house looks like a house now!! Wow!! They are really working hard on getting it done for you! That tin roof is just the best. How exciting!! Thanks for sharing the build with us!!

Mari said...

That Audrey is just adorable!
The house is looking good, and I know you will love your choices too.

sharon said...

Can't wait to see how the house turns out. Beautiful I'm sure. Audrey is a cutie!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, hooray for your roof! Love your candy corn door. So happy & festive! Love the family pics.

Sandy said...

The house is going to be adorable. Just go with your heart on choices.
You are so right about black and white ribbon. I fell in love with black and white gingham ribbon this summer and that striped piece is so cute.